Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

** UPDATED ** 2009 Holiday Sale! TWB Fishnet Float Pendants/Earrings (scroll to bottom)

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha!
You may have seen them at Tiki Oasis 7, and wondered what the heck those are. Or, you may have seen them at Forbidden Island's Parking Lot Sale and thought "I will get one of those on my next loop around the vendor spaces".

I now have a new inventory of TWB (TikiWineBear) Fishnet Float pendant necklaces & Christmas Ornaments.

The Fishnet Float pendant necklaces are featured in green, pink, dark blue (cobalt), clear, light blue, red, and "meteor metal" (non-transparent). All have an iridescent surface so when you view them in the shade, you see swirls of colors, and in the sunlight, you see the main color. All cording is 48# hemp, and each have been hand tied by me. Each "float" is a solid glass orb, so there is some weight to them to hang around your neck properly. Each necklace is about 19" long, the orb being 42mm, or 1.625" (the red and meteor metal orbs are a bit smaller at 35mm or 1.375") and the neck opening being about 15". The orbs are made in either Mexico or South America, and have their own unique characteristics of colors and air bubbles trapped inside the orb.

And another picture being worn by the lovely wahines, skitiki and croe67:

The TWB Christmas Float Ornaments are sold in groups of 3, of the same color. They are available in 2 colors: red and "meteor metal". (My supply is limited for the meteor metal colored ornaments.) All ornaments are roughly 7.25" long, with an opening of 3.25" so you can loop it around a Christmas tree branch. All red and meteor metal orbs are 35mm, or 1.375". All have an iridescent surface so when you view them in the shade, you see swirls of colors, and in the sunlight, you see the main color. All cording is 48# hemp, and each have been hand tied by me.

Here are the Red ones:

And here are the Meteor Metal ones:

I have also been working on creating pairs of pierced earrings using smaller glass orbs. I have tied a few sets with 1" orbs, but I have had reports from my lady friends that they are just a bit heavy for an entire evening of wear. I have ordered smaller orbs (approx 16mm, or 0.625") and am hoping to have earrings available within the next 2-3 weeks. The colors available should be the same as the pendants, so a matched set will be available. I am hoping I can tie the knots that small!

If you are interested in the Pendant Necklaces or Christmas Ornaments, please contact me at [email protected], or PM me here at Tiki Central. Domestic shipping rates are approximately $3.50 for the first pendant or ornament set, and $1.00 for each additional item. Please ask about international shipping rates, and I will do my best to get a quote to you within a couple of days. Payment can be either personal check, or PayPal.

Mahalo!!
Myke

Edited to add Earrings to Title 10/21. See information below!
Edited 10/27 to add Gems to Title. See new pics below.

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-10-21 10:44 ]

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-10-27 15:05 ]

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2008-11-19 10:11 ]

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2009-11-13 10:25 ]

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2009-11-13 12:51 ]

C

These float necklaces are GREAT, Tikiwinebear!!!

I love mine & wear it frequently - and always seem to get the "I want one of those! Where did you get it?" whenever I wear it.
I've been telling people to watch for them on TC & HERE THEY ARE!!!!

Get 'em now before TWB's fingers are raw from tying all those knots :wink:

Me too, these are amazing!

NEW ITEMS added to Fishnet Float lineup!

Pierced Earring sets are now available!!
The first set of orbs I had been working with for the earrings were too heavy, so I have been tying up a batch using smaller orbs, and they are just the right weight! Since I am getting these orbs from the same manufacturer, they come in basic same colors as the Pendant Necklace, so I am able to offer Pendant Necklace and Earring Sets.

The earring pairs are $17.50. I tie each one up personally using hemp twine, much thinner than the pendant necklaces, but with the same look and color. The earrings are available in dark blue, clear, green, green-blue, light blue, yellow, amber yellow, and brown.

Pendant necklaces may be paired up with the earrings for $25.00. These sets are available in dark blue, green, clear, light blue, and pink. If you would like to mix the colors between the necklace and the earrings, I am open to that as well. Shipping a set will be the same as shipping only a pendant ... $3.50 for the first set, and $1.00 for each additional set.

Christmas Ornament Gems
The orbs which originally purchased for the earrings (but were too heavy) have now been transformed into Gem-sized Christmas Ornaments. These orbs are 1" in size, so are the perfect size for table-top Christmas trees. These are available in a set of 4 for $22.00. They come in red, dark blue, light blue, clear, pink, and green. They look the same as the larger Christmas Ornaments pictured in this posting, but are made with thinner hemp twine.

Mahalo to everyone who has purchased and inquired about my TWB Fishnet Float items. These started out to be an idea I had to hang around my tiki hut in my backyard, and seem to be well received by everyone who sees them. The pendants work really well simply as sun catchers hanging in an area where they get light - in a window, around a mirror, or just hanging in your office cubicle.

For those who have already purchased a Pendant Necklace, I will offer the earrings to you at the $15.00 price.

Mahalo nui loa!
Myke

Edited: changed price - set of 4 for $22.00; originally set of 3 for $22.00

The many personalities of Myke

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2007-10-27 14:47 ]

[ Edited by: tikiwinebear 2008-11-19 10:09 ]

S

RUN out and get yourself several pairs of these right away! They are stunning and unique - you'll never see something like them anywhere else! I adore mine. REALLY people....

BUY THEM NOW.

--Suzanne

C

On 2007-10-21 11:34, suzanne wrote:
RUN out and get yourself several pairs of these right away! They are stunning and unique - you'll never see something like them anywhere else! I adore mine. REALLY people....

BUY THEM NOW.

--Suzanne

She's got that right - these are SO cool - PM TWB now to get them to wear to all of your upcoming Christmas/Holiday parties :)

UPDATED 10/27/97

After tying many Fishnet Float Ornament Gems, I find I am able to tie faster and produce them more quickly. So, I have decided offer them in sets of 4 for $22.00 instead of sets of 3 for $22.00.

For those of you who have inquired, here are a couple pictures of the Gems on a (fake) 24" tabletop Christmas tree. FYI: There are 14 Fishnet Float Gems on this tree (2 of each color I offer), as well as 6 red "jingle bell" ornaments.

Mahalo for looking!!
Myke

If anyone who is attending the SF Crawl this weekend is interested in any of the Pendants, Earrings, or Ornaments, please let me know! I will be happy to tie up a few in the color of your choice, and save shipping costs!

See you Friday!!! Yeehaw.

Aloha,
Myke

These can be used on lotsa things....another example.........

Gratuitous BUMP

Thanks to everyone who checked out and purchased the pendants and earrings during the SF Crawl Weekend. Those earrings are sure devilish little critters to tie!!

Aloha
Myke

2009 HOLIDAY BLOWOUT SALE - TWB Fishnet Float Pendants & Earrings

Aloha All!
Just in time for your Holiday parties, I am having a blowout sale of all my Fishnet Float pendants and earrings. I have been busy tying up lots of lots of inventory, making room on my shelves for new stuff. Mahalo to all of you who have purchased from me before!

Pendants may be used as sun catchers when not being worn and show their color best in direct light. The Tiki-sized pendants are perfect to adorn your favorite desktop sized Tiki; the larger pendants can be ordered so you can tie it around your favorite outdoor Tiki (please specify circumference of Tiki when ordering).

Pendants - $7.00 each

All pendants are tied using 100% hemp cording, so they are strong and long-lasting. I have limited quantities in sizes and colors. All are tied with an adjustable slip knot, but measure 26-28” when fully opened. All orbs are glass and are coated in an iridescent sheen (except the dainty sized).

• Small – (orb size = 25mm or 1”) available in Green, Light Blue, Cobalt Blue, Pink, Amethyst, & Red
  • Medium – (orb size = 35mm or 1.375”) available in Red (only)
  • Large – (orb size = 42mm or 1.625”) available in Green, Light Blue, Clear, & Pink
  • Dainty – (orb size = 14-16mm or 0.5”- 0.625”) matches orb size used for earrings; available in Green, Light Blue, Cobalt Blue, Amethyst, Red, Clear, Teal, & Amber

Tiki sized Pendants - $5.00 each

Same as ‘Dainty’ sized pendants (above), but with shorter tying cord ends. The ends of the Tiki pendant are open so you may tie it around your Tiki; each side of the “tie” measures 2.75”. Available in Green, Light Blue, Cobalt Blue, Amethyst, Red, Clear, Teal, & Amber

Earrings - pair = $12.00 each
Earring & Pendant set = $17.00 each

All orbs are tied using a thin 100% Hemp cording and the pierced earring loop is made of stainless steel. The pendant is tied with an adjustable slip knot, and measures about 28-30” when fully opened. Crystal / glass orbs are 14mm – 16mm, or 0.5” – 0.625”.
Available colors - Green, Light Blue, Cobalt Blue, Amethyst, Red, Clear, Teal, & Amber

Shipping (US rates)
Pendants ship in a box by priority mail at $5.00 for the first pendant, and $1.00 for each additional item.
Earrings and Earring pendant sets individually can be mailed in a bubble padded CD mailer at $3.00. Two, or more, sets are shipped at $5.00.

Payment
PayPal payments (easier and faster), or personal checks are accepted.

Please PM me if you have an order or questions. Or email me at [email protected]

MAHALO!
Myke

PS Many thanks to my gorgeous models - Alice, Stacy, & Caroline!!

Aloha! WOW, thanks for all your interest in my fishnet float stuff! I was reminded to state: "These make great Stocking Stuffers too!"

Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo!
Myke

**** BUMP ****

Mahalo again to everyone who purchased my hand-tied Fishnet Float pendants and earrings!!!

Christmas is approaching fast, and my schedule is starting to fill up, so I must place a cut-off date of Saturday, Dec 12, for any orders to be shipped in time for Christmas.

All colors are still available, though some are in limited supply.

Mele Kalikimaka!!
Aloha,
Myke

Pages: 1 13 replies