Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Monkeyman Lamps for the Royal Hawaiian-only 1 left !!!

Pages: 1 17 replies

M

For Sale

$300 each

Includes antiqued bronze swag chain and 10 ft electrical cord (not pictured). Has resin base with opening. Includes pull chain fixture inside.

only lamp #1 is still available.

These are the same lamps that will be hanging over the booths in the newly renovated Royal Hawaiian Restaurant in Laguna Beach. The lamps for the Royal Hawaiian are hanging in the background. There are 6 Royal Hawaiian Lamps... and there are 6 Identical lamps for sale (one was already sold).
You can own one of the very same lamps soon to be installed in this longtime Tiki Landmark.

Number 1 is for sale (only one lamp remains). First come first serve.

These were a labor of love.... lots of attention to detail... the fabric on the sides of the lamp is REAL Tapa cloth.

The 6 lamps on the right are for the Royal Hawaiian... the 5 on the left... could be for YOU

the resin base is comprised of many end cuts of bamboo and a large open wooden ring with tapa wrapping it. Each piece of bamboo is hand sanded and intentionally cut to different lengths to create an interesting rise and fall. Seagrass braid covers the edges. The seagrass braid and twine is all coated with Marine Grade Spar varnish.

Close up of Side- The bamboo is whole at the top and bottom and halved in the middle. Tied with Philipine Twine on both ends. The Bamboo Pieces are all hand torched and sprayed with 3 coats of lacquer.

You have a choice with Pull Chain or without... and you can choose from different styles of pull chain handle. You can have a torched bamboo handle or a miniature fish float. Other options include hand woven silk vine through the swag chain (its pothos).

PM or Email me if interested. Shipping will probably be around $25 - $30 Paypal is accepted. Pickup is an option if you are close...

Thanks

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2007-10-09 15:54 ]

Beautiful work as always, man! And Mahalo for providing authentic pieces for an otherwise compromised historic locale that is (probably, I am just guessing) in need for lots of help, Tiki decor-wise.

100% CLASS "A" craftsmanship MM! Swellegant... a classic!! :D

M

Obviously these are intended to provide ambience at night... so here are night shots...

These shots are using an 11 watt flourescent bulb (60 watt equivalent)... probably a little bright for the proper ambiance of a tiki bar but they photograph better.

These lamps are intended for bulbs of 25 WATTS OR LESS !!!! Colored bulbs look good too.

I hope one of these lamps can grace YOUR home.

T

On 2007-10-07 19:05, Monkeyman wrote:
Obviously these are intended to provide ambience at night... so here are night shots...

Thanks for the night shots Derek. (You knew I was going to ask.)

They're beautiful lamps.

Monkeyman,

The depth of your talents never ceases to amaze me.

-Weird Unc

whoa!! wait a minute!!..the royal hawaiian is reopening??? i must have been sleeping.....last i heard it was closing..please fill me in on what the hell is happening with this place....i haven't been there since the leeteg show with otto many years ago.....

The Royal Hawaiian has actually been open for some time now.... and operating in a semi renovated state... the bar and kitchen are still operational but sections of the restaurant are closed off as they complete renovation and replacement. The back dining room will now be a much larger bar with windows on the street... it will have a high vaulted ceiling and will have a number of lamps scattered in that high empty space.

These lamps will hang over the 6 booths in the middle of the dining area. The new owners and the interior designer I am working with seem committed to revamping the place in the Tiki Style yet still trying to modernize it a bit to keep in touch with the locals...

I hope to deliver the Royal Hawaiian lamps in the next few days. I will report on the renovations if I see any significant changes..

Be sure to get one of these before they are all gone..

They were a ton of work...

I wish could afford one of those gorgeous lamps, they really are incredible. Unfortunately I already have a super frame in the works :wink:

Thanks for the night shots, though I'm sure they don't do the lamps justice. I bet they'd look great with coloured bulbs in them, amber perhaps?

T

Sweet work Derek. I just wish I wasn't broke. I gets lots of compliments on your fishtrap lamp.

wish i could afford one..I just bought a new house and i need a new lamp over the kitchen table and this would be great.....unfortunately a few other household projects take precedent..like buying a stove for example!!

M

#2 is sold....

only 4 remain.

If the Royal Hawaiian decides to have one extra (in case of damage or just to have a spare)... then there could potentially only be 3 remaining...

Dont Wait

K
KAHAKA posted on Mon, Oct 8, 2007 9:36 PM

Nice lookin' lamps there Monkeyman! How big are those guys?

the vertical bamboo posts are 18" long

the round center of the lamp is 12" in diameter... with the bamboo the diameter is closer to 14"

the opening on the bottom is 4" across

Lamp # 4 is sold.

Thank You

M

Number 3 is sold...

only # 1 and # 5 remaning.

M

#5 is sold...

Only # 1 is left

tick tock tick tock

wow

Derek the Monkeyman! I received my lamp today!!! WOW! I'm impressed, quality, craftsmanship, beauty, it's all there & was shipped so fast! I have spent the afternoon showing off my lamp to my friends & family. This is the 1st item I have purchased for our new tiki bar. I will need some more different types before I'm done with this bar :) Thanks again I love it!!!

Pages: 1 17 replies