Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Meet me at the Purple Orchid in El Segundo, Thanksgiving Weekend?

Pages: 1 27 replies

N

I will be flying down to LAX and staying at the Hilton for a BJD
(Ball Jointed Doll) convention at the LAX Hilton, and had planned on sneaking away from all the fangirls and boys and resin, and hit Purple Orchid up on Friday and Saturday nights. Anyone going to be in the area? Want to meet up and giggle over a drink or three? Don't know what a BJD is? Here is Daeron, my Volks Boy. He was my Birthday present to me in 2006.

This is the sort of doll the Convention is about. It's my REALLY expensive hobby, while Tiki is my Favorite. :) He was a cool $950.00, but a custom ordered, from head to toe, one of a kind. He will be drinking with me, complete with an Aloha Shirt of his own....

P

WHile I must admit that I do not have much of an interest in dolls, I would be happy to have a drink with you at the PO if I am in town (I think I will be). Post a reminder as the weekend approaches.

T

On 2007-10-08 17:36, Nytshaed wrote:
I will be flying down to LAX and staying at the Hilton for a BJD
(Ball Jointed Doll) convention at the LAX Hilton, and had planned on sneaking away from all the fangirls and boys and resin, and hit Purple Orchid up on Friday and Saturday nights. Anyone going to be in the area? Want to meet up and giggle over a drink or three? Don't know what a BJD is? Here is Daeron, my Volks Boy. He was my Birthday present to me in 2006.

This is the sort of doll the Convention is about. It's my REALLY expensive hobby, while Tiki is my Favorite. :) He was a cool $950.00, but a custom ordered, from head to toe, one of a kind. He will be drinking with me, complete with an Aloha Shirt of his own....

Shipped Daeron down to me i'll slap on some sunscreen and throw him out by the pool !!!!

N

On 2007-10-20 20:04, TikiLaLe wrote:

Shipped Daeron down to me i'll slap on some sunscreen and throw him out by the pool !!!!

Ewwww!!! Sun!!! Nuuuuuu! Bad Juju!!! Me and the Unseelies don't like the sun. I know, I am the only Native Californian to shun the sun, but hey... We Irish just don't tan... We fry!

P

He? Daeron looks more like a "she" to me than a "he." Although maybe in my mind "doll" equates with "she".

Bring Daeron along with you to the Orchid if you like. Just don't let him drink too much. He looks like he might be a mean drunk. And it is El Segundo, so Dave will have to see his ID.

Here is Daeron, my Volks Boy.

So he's a transvestite who drives a Volkswagen?

N

On 2007-10-21 01:03, PiPhiRho wrote:
He? Daeron looks more like a "she" to me than a "he." Although maybe in my mind "doll" equates with "she".

Bring Daeron along with you to the Orchid if you like. Just don't let him drink too much. He looks like he might be a mean drunk. And it is El Segundo, so Dave will have to see his ID.

Oh, he's definitely MALE. All of the Ball Jointed Dolls that aren't designed to be Tenshi (angels) are anatomically correct. He and my Sabik Viktor are rather well... defined in that area. They are androgynous in appearance at times, but drop their pants, and there's no doubt they are boys...

N

On 2007-10-21 01:30, Unga Bunga wrote:

Here is Daeron, my Volks Boy.

So he's a transvestite who drives a Volkswagen?

Uh.... no. sighs, rubs eyes He's NOT a Transvestite, and by Volks I mean he's from Volks Doll Company. They have GIRL dolls with big gazongas, but I prefert to collect the pretty boys. If you want to see the whole crew, you can see them HERE. I've included date of arrival, and prices paid, so you can see this is not a kids hobby. Not a poor kid anyway.

D

On 2007-10-21 08:43, Nytshaed wrote:

Oh, he's definitely MALE. All of the Ball Jointed Dolls that aren't designed to be Tenshi (angels) are anatomically correct. He and my Sabik Viktor are rather well... defined in that area. They are androgynous in appearance at times, but drop their pants, and there's no doubt they are boys...

PICTURES SOON?

N

On 2007-10-21 20:18, dogbytes wrote:

PICTURES SOON?

OK, here's one. Taken at sunset. Doll Nudity warning.

T

On 2007-10-21 20:51, Nytshaed wrote:

On 2007-10-21 20:18, dogbytes wrote:

PICTURES SOON?

OK, here's one. Taken at sunset. Doll Nudity warning.

Um yeah, warning doll nudity... How big is it?

H

Uhm, I didn't see any dolls with big gazongas. Interesting concept.

T

On 2007-10-22 07:24, hiltiki wrote:

Those are part of an inflatable collection. Totally different doll fetish.

N

Oh... They are out there. There is a BBS for collectors of BJDs. http://www.denofangels.com/forums if you want to have a look around the hobby. There are definitely girl with "Blast Milk" parts. I just don't have a liking for those.

N

On 2007-10-22 16:47, tekoteko wrote:

Ummmm... yeah.... Live and let live. That's all I'm gonna say on that one...

T

On 2007-10-22 17:48, Nytshaed wrote:

On 2007-10-22 16:47, tekoteko wrote:

Ummmm... yeah.... Live and let live. That's all I'm gonna say on that one...

So you're saying you like dolls, but not "action figures"?

N

On 2007-10-22 03:25, Tikisgrl wrote:

If it were to scale, I would say Viktor is packing about 7 inches, relaxed. One final shot of him. NOT WORK or Minor Friendly... Up close

Alcoholics to go meetings,
I am a Beverage Connoisseur...

[ Edited by: Nytshaed 2007-10-22 17:58 ]

N

On 2007-10-22 17:54, tekoteko wrote:

So you're saying you like dolls, but not "action figures"?

LOL. "Action Figures" are what BOYS call the Dolls THEY collect. Everyone knows that. Unless they are gay. Then they collect Dolls. :wink:

T

On 2007-10-22 17:55, Nytshaed wrote:

If it were to scale, I would say Viktor is packing about 7 inches, relaxed. One final shot of him. NOT WORK or Minor Friendly... Up close

Oops that came out wrong... How big is the doll? That's what I get for posting @ 6:30 in the morning before I'm fully awake!

D

so he's a shower, not a grower?

T

On 2007-10-22 18:01, dogbytes wrote:

so he's a shower, not a grower?

And there's some serious manscaping going on...

N

On 2007-10-22 18:01, Tikisgrl wrote:
Oops that came out wrong... How big is the doll? That's what I get for posting @ 6:30 in the morning before I'm fully awake!

Viktor is 80cm tall, about 32 inches tall. He's HEAVY too! Carrying him around is like a workout. He is solid Resin, and prolly weighs about 5 pounds fully dressed.

N
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.