Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's to open in ... HOUSTON!

Pages: 1 13 replies

M

A few of us got to go to a pre-opening party last week in a ballroom in Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. We were given a tour of the unfinished (Las Vegas) Trader Vic's restaurant and upstairs "ultralounge". My guess is it will open any week now.
One of their execs was talking about the planned new Vic's to be opening in the future. Places like; Chicago (we knew that), Houston , Austin, Miami and Kansas City. Also Madrid, Valencia(Spain), a non-alcoholic one somewhere in the Middle East and about 12 more in Dubai. He didn't give any more details-I hope these all get built!

K

The investors that reopened Dallas are involved in the Houston TV. Last word I got was that they have the money to make it happen but just haven't found the "right" location yet. Maybe now they have??

T

Awesome news! Location? How about the parking lot where it used to reside in the Shamrock Hotel? :lol:

On 2007-10-10 07:20, Kenike wrote:
they have the money to make it happen but just haven't found the "right" location yet.

This was the same thing that held up the Chicago opening.

They wanted to reopen immediately, and it has been almost two years.

I am told that they FINALLY have a space, so there should be movement soon... I am just saying: be prepared to WAIT.

Yeah, they told us in Dallas this Spring that Houston would definitely happen, but that we weren't exactly next on the list.

I have a feeling that's still the case, but that they are announcing their future intentions a little more freely now.
But saying it out loud makes you more likely to not reneg, right? Right? Right?

Still with crossed fingers,
F

BUMP

THis is REALLLYY exciting for me, considering that the most thing tiki around the Houston area is Kona Grill...lol...yup, so no tiki around here. Dammnn! Just thinking about it makes me want go out and make a few mai tai's!

Any news on this?

That is great news!

It is within reasonable driving distance and I get to Houston quite a few times a year!

=cheer=

Mustang Island Tiki

K
Kenike posted on Thu, Mar 6, 2008 3:03 PM

Last I heard the story is the same...still looking for the right location/price. In the meantime, there's still Dallas!

May 3rd!

Dallas Trader Vic's Overstock Sale

[ Edited by: Kenike 2008-03-06 15:04 ]

The Dallas meetup is sounding really really good too :)

Any updates on the Houston TV?

Nope.

Ain't holding my breath.
I wouldn't expect anything for another year or two.

Sorry.....
F

(But I'm grateful for every one that opens/reopens anywhere! It's all good!)

H

I am going down to Houston for an interview in February. Has there been any movement on getting a T.V. down there? It would help sell me on taking the job!! !: )

Nope, sorry :(

But my home bar rocks, and you'd be welcome to come for cocktails anytime :)

F

Found and old Houston TV postcard in the wild today, and had me poking around here looking for info... Stumbled upon this old thread. Seemed liked there were a few "in the know" so, wht ever happened with this?

Pages: 1 13 replies