Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki in Las Vegas

Pages: 1 6 replies

Its time for our trip to Vegas 10/20- 10/26 we are looking for some interesting Tiki type places to visit...and perhaps discover some Tiki treasures. We visit Vegas a couple times a year , so we feel we have done that, and got the shirt...but we still enjoy the place. We would welcome any and all tips....Thanks

hi- there are a number of threads here that deal with all things tiki in vegas....just do a quick search and you should find what you need...

I've collected enough threads to weave a new "tiki loin cloth"...yet still haven't found anything to compare with "Shag with a twist"...we are still open to ideas..

you may be crying for the moon at this point...i'm pretty sure if there were anything tiki in vegas your best bet would be to find it here....if not...then there's nothing else going on however they do have a real cool monthly art event called "first fridays" where you can tour the local low brow galleries and bars...at least you can see some of shag's art as well.

A

We plan to be in Vegas roughly the same time as you: 10/21 - 10/24. We plan to visit the new Trader Vic's (assuming it's open) and hope to stop by Tahiti Joe's as well. A lot of the good tiki places have come and gone over the years so I don't know that there's much more than that to see. But there are still plenty of tropical-theme places (Tropicana, Rum Jungle, etc.).

We haven't been to Vegas in about 3 or 4 years, so more than anything we're planning to just wander around and see what's new.

B

TV is OPEN!!!!!

walked past it today. talk with a server named DJ....cool cat. They opened this past Sat. hoping to go for dinner tonight!

T

Tahiti Joe's (http://www.tahitijoeslasvegas.com/)

I actually liked this place better than the new Vegas Trader Vic's (which is now more disco than Tiki bar). Lose the TV sets and it would be perfect.

Pages: 1 6 replies