Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shag wallet

Pages: 1 9 replies

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2156264021&category=20148

Now this I just don't understand.....I really think I could make this myself. I can't understand some of this Shag stuff. No one has bid on it, which gives me some hope, but $150 for a wallet that just has a vinyl Shag character stuck to the front seems a little outrageous. I guess it's worth this to some huh?

I'd pay $150 for this wallet (only if it had $160 in it!)

Ha! I'm thinkin' I need to put some of my "Special Limited Edition Shag Candles" on Ebay. So what if they happen to be just a plain Mexican Saint-type candle ($1) with a Shag sticker slapped on it ($3.50)! I'd LOVE to make $150 for it!!

And yes, y'all can use my idea (NOT to sell them - how crass!). They look wonderful and make great housewarming gifts. They also elicit great responses from people like, "Oh, man! Shag's making EVERYthing now!!" to which I get to answer, "uh, nope, I do!"

P
PJ posted on Thu, Feb 6, 2003 7:37 PM

The Shag Wallet was made from original old 50's stock material, Ltd to 300 pieces, hand numbered and signed by Shag(?) and made by Paul Frank. Thats why it's $150.
I was lucky enough to buy one 2 years ago for
about $50US- $95AUS.
You have no idea how may hot girls comment
on the wallet. See it even helps you with
the ladies.

Is there a shag condom for the shag wallet? Ok I know....I didn't really need to go there. Good for him. Gotta get while the gettin is good. A Shag for a shag.

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2003-02-08 12:07 ]

P
PJ posted on Fri, Feb 7, 2003 3:48 AM

No Shag rubber with the wallet Chiki.
Although you should pitch the idea to
Shag and Paul Frank.

T

I don't think the Shag condom is too good of an idea. I mean at the prices most of the merch goes for, I don't think people are going to pay $25 a pop for a condom. Then we start getting into the whole Ebay thing, and then Ludwicke or Addude would control the condom surplus. Then the people that had them wouldn't use them because they were ltd. editions. Oh, but they'd show everybody them! Then people that would use 'em will start trying to get the most out of their well spent money (reuse)......Ehhhh! Well that's my reason why it's a bad idea.

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-02-07 06:40 ]

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-02-07 06:42 ]

I still think it's a little crazy PJ....even at $50! I mean I can pick you up a "vintage" wallet at the thrift for 15 cents and slap a sticker on it. I like your idea Formikahini! Something us crafty folk can make since we can't afford authentic Shag stuff!

So who is this seller anyway? his name is GO BEANER GO ? What's up with that? Next he's gonna say " Hey some of my neighbors are metsicun or one of my good friends is metsicun, or Hey aameeego, my parents are mexican. Grassy ass." I guess I just have a beeeg cheeep on mai cholder.

I saw Shag soap marked down from £5.95 to £2.00 a couple of days ago. Still too expensive for soap.

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 9 replies