Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki #5

Pages: 1 0 replies

B

Wow !! Tiki #5 already. Boy am I hooked. I am gonna try hardwood(florida oak ??) instead of palm this time. My dear wife saw this piece of wood at this side of the road and brought it home (it weighs a ton) for me. It has many curves and was difficult to decide where to cut it. I wanted to make Moai head which I found in the TC forum but forgot to record the artists name. I hope to do it justice and wish to acknowledge the original artist (BOWANNA). The blank is behind the fluffy cat (Romeo).

The first cuts were made with a circular saw.

More cuts were made and lots lines for the complicated mouth area.

There is still lots of work yet and the mouth area is still a problem for me. More pics to come and props to the original artist. BUFFBAD from S. Fla.

Well this one is taking some time. Quite a unique experience working with hardwood vs palm.

This next pics for some reason the tiki's expression looking like he has been into the rum !!

And almost finished with one coat of polyurathane and a side view for a change.

See u all later with the last pics in a few weeks. The side profile has an uncanny resemblance to BEAVIS from BEAVIS and BUTTHEAD. ..... BUFFBAD
UPDATE:The last pictures always look better in the appropriate setting (I wish this was my pool !!!!!)

CYA later from south FLA! BUFFBAD

[ Edited by: BUFFBAD 2007-10-23 17:45 ]

[ Edited by: BUFFBAD 2007-11-04 12:37 ]

[ Edited by: BUFFBAD 2007-11-13 10:33 ]

[ Edited by: BUFFBAD 2007-11-23 11:15 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies