Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

tradervics record

Pages: 1 4 replies

hey fatuhiva, thanks for joining!

Have you ever heard that record? It has nothing to do with exotica, correct? The desciption makes it sound like it's anything but.

~Hanford

no, never heard it. I wouldnt think its very exotic, just a novelty thing

My brother, the BIG Bing Crosby collector was looking at one of these a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if anyone even bid on it. But he says that it was a promotional album that has Trader Vic talking in his bar, along with Bing about a safari in Africa. He has heard parts of it and says it's pretty neat. It does have some Bing music and other celebs of the time, I guess. More easy listening / big band sound than exotica.
(I apologize if this info was in the item description, I really did not look at it or read it. Just recognized the cover.)

I really wish my brother would buy one so I could borrow it.

I've got this! I recently transfered it to CDR. If anyone wants a copy email me off list and I will send you one. Stingray is right, One side is Bing Crosby crooning various tunes and adding words about Trader Vics into the mix while the other side is Trader Vic talking about an African Safari hunt which is actually just a story of him trying to get some Buffalo meat for his restaurant. Pretty cool overall but the Bing side is the best!

Pages: 1 4 replies