Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Annual Tiki Day?

Pages: 1 11 replies

Is there one day of the year when the whole world celebrates tiki? If not, would anyone care to nominate one?

H

International Tiki Day is held on the second Saturday of August but any additional excuses to drink are more than welcome.

On 2007-10-17 07:12, Hakalugi wrote:
International Tiki Day is held on the second Saturday of August but any additional excuses to drink are more than welcome.

Great. Help me out here, what's the significance of the second Saturday of August?

H

On 2007-10-17 07:58, Bongo Bungalow wrote:

On 2007-10-17 07:12, Hakalugi wrote:

Great. Help me out here, what's the significance of the second Saturday of August?

The weather is usually good.

November 1st is annual Search Function Day!

Let's all celebrate.

-Z

Today is "Find bar with best happy hour" day!

Cheers!

On 2007-10-17 09:28, Unga Bunga wrote:
Today is "Find bar with best happy hour" day!

Dammit! I messed up. I looked at my calendar wrong. I thought today was "Share Scorpion Bowls at Noon with Your Co-Workers Day."

Oh, well. I guess the office will get over it, considering that it's afternoon now.

On 2007-10-17 06:55, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Is there one day of the year when the whole world celebrates tiki? If not, would anyone care to nominate one?

I nominate days that end in Y.

You guys are a riot...

On 2007-10-17 12:15, Chip and Andy wrote:

On 2007-10-17 06:55, Bongo Bungalow wrote:

I nominate days that end in Y.

Good point. But, along those same lines, if it has to be just one specific day, I think it should be "today." Every time "today" rolls around, that's the day.

The second week in August is when Hawaii became an island...or something like that....another navy grog pleeze.

On 2007-10-20 07:56, moondog426 wrote:
The second week in August is when Hawaii became an island...or something like that....another navy grog pleeze.

Wow! I guess just before that it was nothing more than an underwater volcano. Statehood was August 21, 1959. I remember when that happened, plus Alaska earlier in January. 1959 was a great year for me as a kid.

Pages: 1 11 replies