Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Record shops in San Diego

Pages: 1 7 replies

Was wondering if anyone could point me to some record shops in San Diego that specialize in, or at least have a good selection of surf rock on cd new or used. Older vintage vinyl is welcome too.

Definitely check out Lou's Records. You will have to google the directions. Nice store though. There is also a record store near the Hanalei Hotel. Can't remember the name though but it was only 5 minutes away.

A

Jeff's correct in that Lou's is probably your best bet. It's in Encinitas (north of San Diego) at 434 N. Coast Hwy.

Others worth trying in San Diego might be a couple on Adams Avenue:

• Folk Arts Rare Records, 2881 Adams Ave.
  • Nickelodeon Records, 3335 Adams Ave.

Also, maybe these....

• Off the Record, 2912 University Ave.
  • M-Theory, 915 W. Washington Ave.

"I am Lono!"

[ Edited by: arriano 2007-10-17 14:33 ]

Cheers guys, I appreciate the info. Hopefully I can get to at least a couple of them this weekend.

In the past 8 years I've bought about 100 surf cds and 10 LP's from Lou's and I live in Anaheim, near Disneyland.
I try to stop by there everytime I'm on my way to SD.

they used to have about 200 or so titles.
now its down to about 50 or so.

happy shopping.
check the used building for LP's and used cds across the parking lot.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Lou's is the place. Picked up Voodoo II there about six months ago. Er, not sure if was exactly six, but anyways..

Hi- I'm not sure about the surf selection specifically, but if you're at M-Theory in Hillcrest, there are a couple other shops nearby -

Thirsty Moon - 525A Evans Place (small, but might have something. It's on the little side street right across from Record City)

Record City - 3757 6th Avenue (has a bunch of used vinyl)

And Taang! is now at 3830 Fifth Ave, San Diego (right by the Washington Mutual bank, and across from L&L Hawaiian BBQ)

Happy hunting!

Pages: 1 7 replies