Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

lp to mp3?

Pages: 1 6 replies

N

Hey vinyl hounds:

I have a chance to get a half dozen or so really cool Hapa Haole LP's, including a couple Webley Edwards.

Thing is, I don't have a turntable, and have enough obsessions without getting back into LP's too, but I'd love to check out some of the music (and maybe display a few of the covers).

Anyone interested in ripping some LP's in exchange for keeping a couple of them, or something?

Scott

I'm happy to help, but you might want someone closer...

Alternatively, I'm happy to share, er lend the software.

I recently purchased an Ion USB Turntable to transfer my vinyls to mp3 / wav files. I got it from CostCo at about $100.00. It sure beats having to sit at someone else's equipment for hours at a time; I can do it at my own speed, and clean up the recording with the software that comes with it.

My most recent purchase was Ernie Menehune's Back to Aloha Land album. It has a few of those wonderful vinyl pops here and there, but on the most part, it is fantastic. Minoi Minoi was worth the price of the lp in itself!!

The Ion turntable will stand alone plugged into a receiver and speakers, but you can easily play an lp directly thru the USB into your computer and its speakers. The accompanying software is pretty easy to use, and has built in filters and manual filters to remove the loudest of the pops.

If you were on the left coast, I would gladly let you use my system to record your lps!!

Good Luck!
Myke

K

Is "Exotic Instrumentals" one of the Webley Edwards albums? I used to have it and stupidly sold it. I can do some ripping for you if you don't mind shipping to TX.

D

"Exotic Instrumentals" is one of the Webley Edwards/Hawaii Calls LPs. That is one of the best, in terms of the "exotica" sounds. Webley deliberately went for the Denny, Lyman, Tiki market on this one--just look at the cover. I have a reel-to-reel rip of this one that is almost flawless! I highly recommend this LP

K

On 2007-10-24 16:22, Digitiki wrote:
"Exotic Instrumentals" is one of the Webley Edwards/Hawaii Calls LPs. That is one of the best, in terms of the "exotica" sounds. Webley deliberately went for the Denny, Lyman, Tiki market on this one--just look at the cover. I have a reel-to-reel rip of this one that is almost flawless! I highly recommend this LP

That's one of my favorites too. I made a rip of the vinyl before I (idiotically) sold it. That reel-to-reel rip must sound fantastic.

I'm looking for a rip of this out of print LP.

On 2007-10-24 16:22, Digitiki wrote:

Pages: 1 6 replies