Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Van Halen, Portland, and the Alibi

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

The wifey and I are making a pilgimmage to Portland to see Van Halen (yes, the tour is in progress with David Lee Roth and kicking a$$) - we'll be arriving the day before (Fri Nov. 30) and plan to spend the entire Friday evening at the Alibi - the show is Saturday. Any other TC people that might be there?

go to Thatch in Portland also, you can thank me later.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Robertiki here from Thatch

Yes, I will also be at the Van Halen show. Swing on by after the show and I'll show you a good time. If I'm not in the Tiki Bar, I'm on the corner at the wine bar.
Robert

still hot for teacher

Yes, Come to Thatch. You'll find me there on a friday night, bantering with the bartenders, Ernie and Zorn.

Not to knock the Alibi, though. It has its time and place. But if you want top shelf tiki, thatch is the place. Hell, its the only bar I go to :)

T

Thatch? Cool! Didn't know that existed. Thank the good lawd for Tiki Central. We'll definitely stop by Thatch too!

Is Thatch new? I was up in Portland this past July but only went to the Alibi...where is it exactly?

I can't wait for VAN HALEN in Oakland! gotta wait til December 22 though!

On 2007-11-10 22:24, Tiki Glam wrote:
Is Thatch new? I was up in Portland this past July but only went to the Alibi...where is it exactly?

Okay... someone will hold your hand, but just this once.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=thatch+portland&btnG=Google+Search

And yes, it's fairly new.

More info here (thanks to Tiki Central's SEARCH function):
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19491&forum=1

thank you for holding my hand.....:) How did I miss this? I'll make sure to visit next time!

Heh, dont feel bad. One wouldnt usually think of a NorthEast Portland neighborhood as being the place to go for tiki. But, I assure you, it is! And funny enough, the Alibi and Thatch are only about 3 miles apart. Easy to see both in one evening, but once you go to thatch, you wont want to leave :)

Pages: 1 8 replies