Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

November is Cocktail Month at Forbidden Island! Read on and see how you can win!

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

Aloha!

We’re launching a very special event for the entire month of November: 25 Days of Cocktails!

25 Days of Cocktails will showcase a new classic cocktail special each day with a featured ingredient. Most of the recipes are classics from the 1920s and 1930s, taken from the famous Savoy Cocktail Book, with a few new ones thrown in for good measure. It’s a great opportunity to try something new and unusual, and explore the diverse world of cocktails! Even better, each cocktail is just $6!

Now, here’s where the fun starts: It’s more than just a month of drinking, it’s also a contest! Here’s what you do:

Pick up an entry form at Forbidden Island, or download and print one here:
http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com/fi/CocktailMonthBallot.pdf

(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader- you can download it here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)

On the entry form you’ll see the list of tempting cocktails and the dates on the left. Each cocktail will become available on the date shown, and will remain on the menu until the featured ingredient has run out. Order the drink, and make sure you get a signature from a member of the Forbidden Island staff certifying you had the drink. The person who has had the most cocktails at the end of the contest will win…

A $100 Forbidden Island Gift Card!!!

Pretty easy contest, huh? Here’s the tricky part: Each of the featured ingredients is available in very limited quantities- sometimes there are three bottles, sometimes there is only half a bottle- so when an ingredient is gone, the drink is gone- no substitutions! So you’ve got to get there quickly on the day it becomes available: Each drink might not last even one day!

(Fine Print: Contest ends December 5th. All ballots must be received by close of business on the 5th. Make sure you put your name and an email address or phone number on the ballot. Original ballots only- photocopies will not be accepted. In the event of a tie, a runoff will be held- format TBA.)

Get your liver ready for November!

Mahalo!

T

Sounds like a great deal to me!

25 days x $6 = $150.
$150 - $100 gift card (if I win) = $50.
Divide $50 by 25 and each drink ends up costing only $2.00!

My liver's ready!

[ Edited by: thejab 2007-10-22 13:30 ]

Great competition, if only you were 5369 miles closer.

Looking forward to dropping by during our tiki road trip in November.

Hope to get one signature on the card!

MA

What an awesome challenge. I think thejab may have the tiebreaker to use as there will be so many of us with 25 drinks. Whoever can do the math calculating the average cost per drink after you win, including tips for the great bartenders will win the challenge. NOTE: This is totally the rum induced ramblings of a crazy man and not official in any form.

Perfect timing. I'll be off the wagon by then.

What a great way to try a diffrent cocktails if you win or not !!

So anybody have any comments on the cocktails So far?

I liked the Madiens Blush so far.

Thats a pretty neat trick to make the 2nd post 1 minute before the 1st one.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

What a month! Thanks to everyone who participated! That was a lot of fun- some of those drinks we're knockouts!

We'll crown the winner at last call on the 5th, so that will be a good opportunity to stab him and take his gift card.

For those that don't know, Chris never missed a day, and was out front at 4:45 waiting for us to open without fail. He's paid the price- told me he put on about 10 pounds during the contest, like a booze version of "Super Size Me".

In case you missed it on the other thread, all the remaining drink specials will be $5 all night on December 5th to celebrate Repeal Day. Come on by!

Pages: 1 7 replies