Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NYC Ottos Shrunken Head - Nov 5th MONDAY w/Fisherman

Pages: 1 19 replies

Ok so here ya go...

The tiki trio Fisherman - see video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_KvmepXg3E
Will be playin at 10pm (I know it might be a little late for some...) 2 sets as usual. Lets meet up there early eve and get some take out and have some
Mai tais and Ottos Signature Shrunkenhead drink (in the Otto's mugs of course) and lets even rock out the Scorpion bowls too!!

Why you ask?- Why not?- I'm workin on getting some "specials" set up and maybe Steve (tastysp) will chime in to see what they can offer us!

So throw on some of your tiki garb and roll on down for some apps / dinner and tasty drinks and of course the wonderful sounds of Fisherman tiki trio!

Through this tread we'll figure out a time, but lets target 7pm and go form there...

Hope to see all that can make it there!
http://ottosshrunkenhead.com/index.html
Ottos is on on 14th between ave A and B (closer to B) Many different area food choices thai, pizza, chicken, burgers, spanish, deli...

thanks

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2007-10-22 14:32 ]

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2007-10-22 14:33 ]

K

Even though it follows the Cavestomp weekend, i will take a tiki nap
and drag David down to Otto's too!

Thanks for posting this and rallying the troops.

[ Edited by: KikiTiki 2007-10-28 21:19 ]

even though it is a Monday, Nicole and I will try to rally and make it down for at least the first set. See you then.

I'll try to make it after work. Chances are, I'll need a drink!

Otto's twice in 3 days? Yes, I think I can do that. :)

I think I can make it.

I think Mary and I will make it, too.

bumping this up and calling a start time of 7pm with band on around 10pm - plan accordingly and order food of your choice - for delivery
we'll have to figure out a seating order! for the first set!

UT

We can probably get there between 8 and 9, we have dinner plans at Waikiki Grill (a friend is having a birthday and he loves the place).

K

Hey, there is some burlesque entertainment too. We have seen Miss Pinky Special do her hula hoop thing
with the Fisherman and it's quite impressive!

From the band's email:
Monday Nov. 5
Fisherman Tiki Trio at Otto's Shrunken Head
10-12 PM - FREE
This show marks our 3,784th performance at Otto's Shrunken Head, so you REALLY don't want to miss this one... featuring Fisherman on Vibes, William Beaufort on Bass and Guitar, Mike Lenore on Bass, Pete Pezzimente on Drums, and the Dizzying Miss Pinky Special in the Hula Hoop!!

From 8-10 PM - Fisherman DJ's vintage Exotica vinyl

hope to see whoever can make it tonight..
figure after 7 or so

Sorry guys, bad news - Nicole and I won't be able to make it tonight. I have some work to take care of and Nic needs to rest to get back into fighting shape before we hit the Mai Kai next week. Hopefully you all have a great time and we will see you soon. And we will do our best not to miss the December show - the F-men do a great christmas event.

At least I bumped the post back up to the top....

mai kai?
what up with that?
c u again!

well theres always next month ... Lets hope!
a good time was had by all - I whittled down my 220 pics to show a few good ones off below... Next Fisherman show should be Holiday tiki party style - we'll see..

scene of the crime:

who knew it would be an awards show too! - Mermaid float

assorted drinks

pinkie special does her thing while the guys play on..

many instruments were played

I know those dudes!

tikikollector presents fisherman

you can't resist...

a vintage look

need we say more?

thanks for looking...

Looks like a great time was had by all! We'll get to one of these soon I hope, some day when neither of us has to be up at 5:00 the next morning...

great photos, Jack - thanks for sharing.

We will make extra effort to make the next show - their Christmas show is always a highlight.

talk to you soon.

GREAT photos Jack!! I really like those tiki still-life shots!

T

THANKS for posting pics!
steve/otto's

Great pics, Sneakyjack! It was nice seeing you and chatting with you again! Sorry I had to jam so early, it was a school night, you know? But believe me, I needed a drink that night! Thanks for setting it up.

K

Great pics Jack! Here's a few more:

Pages: 1 19 replies