Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

San Francisco

Pages: 1 4 replies

TT

I'll be in San Fran this up coming weekend with another drinker. Anything "special" happening at Vics or Forbidden Island or any other place? Did I mention it will be my B-day Sunday?? We will hit the city from Sat. to Tues. then head out into the wilderness to camp in Yosemite.

R

I believe... Forbidden Island does a Sunday brunch (but haven't been there yet), but I would HIGHLY recommend Trader Vic's in Emeryville for Sunday brunch. Last Summer we were out on the West Coast and had the place to ourselves until after 12 noon or so. It's unusual to have so much light in a Vic's, but it was a beautiful start to the day. The lack of people around made it free to roam through their oldest location.

Have fun!
~Rupe

J

On 2007-10-23 21:48, rupe33 wrote:
I believe... Forbidden Island does a Sunday brunch (but haven't been there yet),

Nothing even close to a brunch. FI doesn't open until 3:00 on Sunday afternoon, and the only food they have is fried appetizer type stuff. TV's in Emeryville does have a fine Sunday Brunch menu though!

SoccerTiki and I had a blast spending the weekend in San Francisco. The Bay Area TC showed us a Tiki-rrific Time :) I hope you have a fun weekend.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=22871&forum=16

T

After hitting up the CITY, it's worth traveling down the coast on Hwy 1 to Santa Cruz for a drink or dinner at Hula's Island Grill and Tiki Bar. Great place, just went there for a drink and eats on Saturday (Happy Hour 11-5).(Try the zombie).
Also of note is Zens Trading Co. on 41st Ave. in Capitola, only a couple of blocks from Pleasure Point to surf or watch the surf. Good tiki stuff there.

Pages: 1 4 replies