Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"Team Dating" at Atlanta TIki bar

Pages: 1 7 replies

My wife caught this on TV and I tracked it down on the internet. Any idea where/what this bar is?

http://www.teamdating.com/Nuke/Default.aspx?tabid=413

Trader Vic's.

Silverline, I am surprised, such a newbie question! The Scorpion bowls, the T.V. Mai Tai glasses, the Tapa, the lamps...where else but at the most original, vintage, authentic Trader Vic's left in the US: The amazing Atlanta Trader Vic's, where Kiliki and Swanky originated the Hukilau!
Thank you for the great clip, they really could have mentioned the location in passing.

On 2007-10-23 10:14, bigbrotiki wrote:
Silverline, I am surprised, such a newbie question! The Scorpion bowls, the T.V. Mai Tai glasses, the Tapa, the lamps...where else but at the most original, vintage, authentic Trader Vic's left in the US: The amazing Atlanta Trader Vic's, where Kiliki and Swanky originated the Hukilau!

Forgive me Sven. Newbie? No. Tiki-deprived? YES! The only tiki bar still around in this part of the country is the Mai Tai Louge in Omaha (AKA Mt. Fuji Inn). We lost our Trader Vic's many years ago, although rumor has it that another will open soon in S. Overland Park. I'll be there for the grand opening should this come to pass. In the meantime, maybe I should get out more. Where is this town called Atlanta?

G

On 2007-10-23 12:04, SilverLine wrote:
Where is this town called Atlanta?

It is where I will be approximately one month from today, sipping on some fine concoctions crafted by head bartender and expert mixologist Joel. At least I'm hoping Joel is still there.

JOel is still there as of my visit three weeks ago.

However the wonderful manager Marlice has moved on.
Her replacement is a nice Indian guy named Pallava.

P

I'll be at Trader Vics for about half an hour before my plane leaves on Friday.
I hope.

I have to leave the trader's at 7:17 - I should be there about 6:14.

They also serve the greatest soup known to man, the Bongobongo.
Oysters and spinach.

On 2007-10-24 10:21, tikibars wrote:
JOel is still there as of my visit three weeks ago.

However the wonderful manager Marlice has moved on.
Her replacement is a nice Indian guy named Pallava.

Not that I plan on getting there any time soon,
I hope the change doesn't affect the fact that its one of the few TV's to actually have live bands, and surf bands at that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 7 replies