Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Wednesday Night at the Mai Kai

Pages: 1 3 replies

In town on business. So I made the pilgrimage to the Mai Kai. I had a few Zombies and the PuPu Platter. Walked around in my Zombie haze and noticed they had touched up many of the Tikis since I had been there last. Also it looked like they were cleaning up the roof for re-thatching. I had more pictures, but the 3rd Zombie apparently is not advisable when taking pictures. Looking forward to the next Hukilau.

[ Edited by: Tonga Tiki 2007-10-24 12:19 ]

T

NICE PICS!

Hope things work out for the new owner!

Thortiki

On 2007-10-24 14:07, Thortiki wrote:
Hope things work out for the new owner!

The 'new' owner has been around the place since he was a kid. A big group of locals was sitting around talking story one night and we heard about when he was little wrapping the ti leaf leis for the dancers. They had the entire main dining hall covered in chairs with string between all of them and all of the kids were wrapping and tying the leis for that nights show. It doesn't sound that exciting until he added that they would do it every other day because the dancers were doing three shows nightly and would tear them up dancing.

And, you should have sent up the signal flares Tonga Tiki... we love to meet people in the Molokai for drinks. (or did you sound the drums and we missed it?)

P

Those tikis are the new concrete versions re-made by none other than the MAN, Will.
If you ever see WIll there you all owe him a drink or two. Give some mana to the man.

The Mai Kai is looking awesome and I can't wait to get back.
All I need is a bunch of money and a bunch of time.

Hmmm.

Pages: 1 3 replies