Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Sex Cup G.I. Joe...Tiki Tiki Tiki...Great

Pages: 1 4 replies

If you are as old as me and a guy, you probably remember your mom taking you into a Roses store and seeing this, and then having to wait 5 more months until Christmas to get it despite pining, begging, and trying to beat Santa to it by saving your 3-dollar a week allowance..I just listed it on E-bay, recent estate sale find that I wanted to keep bad, bad, bad..(one of my prized precious posessions as a kid), but I can't even afford to keep the time on my watch so I must sadly part with it again, 31 years after I parted with the first one, trading it for a Stretch Armstrong.. THE ADVENTURE TEAM HAS A TOUGH ASSIGNMENT FOR YOU! http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-G-I-Joe-Mobile-Support-Vehicle-Complete-Boxed_W0QQitemZ300164601361QQihZ020QQcategoryZ14335QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

On 2007-10-23 21:58, Basement Kahuna wrote:
If you are as old as me and a guy, you probably remember your mom taking you into a Roses store and seeing this, and then having to wait 5 more months until Christmas to get it despite pining, begging, and trying to beat Santa to it by saving your 3-dollar a week allowance..I just listed it on E-bay, recent estate sale find that I wanted to keep bad, bad, bad..(one of my prized precious posessions as a kid), but I can't even afford to keep the time on my watch so I must sadly part with it again, 31 years after I parted with the first one, trading it for a Stretch Armstrong.. THE ADVENTURE TEAM HAS A TOUGH ASSIGNMENT FOR YOU! http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-G-I-Joe-Mobile-Support-Vehicle-Complete-Boxed_W0QQitemZ300164601361QQihZ020QQcategoryZ14335QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I remember when G.I. Joe first came out. The first thing I thought was, "Damn! Now they're making Barbies for guys!" Up until then we had metal and plastic toy soldiers. We also had Dinky Toys and the similar but smaller Matchbox toys, which were scale vehicles of all sorts, many being military. Unfortunately, the toy soldiers were a much larger scale than the Dinky Toy trucks, so you'd have to constantly switch back and forth between vehicular and pedestrian scales when you were using them. G.I. Joes were huge in comparison and definitely part of a new era.

You shouldn't part with something so irreplaceable. If you can't afford to keep the time on your watch anyway, I say get rid of your watch. I got rid of mine about ten years ago.

hey, the bionic man action figure ruled.

On 2007-10-24 12:19, Johnny Dollar wrote:
hey, the bionic man action figure ruled.

Hell yeah! I think I was the only girl that had one of these!

Damn. It even looks like Lee Majors.

Pages: 1 4 replies