Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

VelveteenLounge & CaptainQuad's Holiday Party December 1st

Pages: 1 29 replies

It's a little bit tiki, a little bit mid-century modern and all booze and Christmas trees (we stopped counting at a dozen)! Our annual holiday shindig is on December 1st and, if you can get yourself to Middletown, New York, by car, train or bus (or maybe you have some other method we don't know about), YOU are invited! PM me with your snail mail address if you're interested, since we kick it old school, with paper (and felt and glue) invitations. Hope to see you there!

I'll be harnessing up the horses soon! Sounds like a really special event!

Definitely hope to be there!

B

Yay!! Now i just need to find this in a sweater-vest, and I'll be ready...

(i think we'll be able to go...not sure)

On 2007-10-26 06:43, Bargoyle wrote:
Yay!! Now i just need to find this in a sweater-vest, and I'll be ready...

(i think we'll be able to go...not sure)

Oh, that would be incredible! Very Ward Cleaver! Hope you can make it!

K

What time are you thinking? I definitely have to work Friday (and I think my work holiday party is that night), but maybe if it's later... hmm.

Since we have to accommodate the train crowd we generally start early (3:00ish) and go late. It never ends before midnight, although I've been known to pass out before everyone actually leaves. :oops:

On 2007-10-25 21:06, velveteenlounge wrote:
It's a little bit tiki, a little bit mid-century modern and all booze and Christmas trees...

Now who can pass up a party like that? Nicole and I will be there, and I am pretty sure Nicole will actually have bells on (to comply with the cliche that I don't really understand).

On 2007-10-29 07:48, leisure master wrote:

Now who can pass up a party like that? Nicole and I will be there, and I am pretty sure Nicole will actually have bells on (to comply with the cliche that I don't really understand).

Now THAT'S the spirit!

You know I'll be there and I will likely have 2 Welshmen in tow. Now those lads can sing!

K

Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum!

Can't wait to celebrate the holidays with the ohana!

The invitations are going out tomorrow...

Can't wait for next Saturday!

Thanks for bumping this. If anyone is interested and hasn't gotten an invitation, it's not too late, just PM me!

B

Hey guys,

looks like we're not making it after all. :( Sorry. Please take lots of pics!!

I'll mail you the specs & stuff.

I am hitting NYC Saturday with my Welsh buddies and we will take the train out to Middletown with Liesure Master and Nicole.

K

Many thanks to Kelly and Paul for hosting such a fabulous soiree
in their charming home. Everyone had a swell time!
The following photos are proof that East Coast Tiki people
can still have fun in cold weather!!!

Mahalo for the merriment!

Thanks for the great pix Kiki and thank you so much to everyone who made the long haul to our little Lounge! You guys are amazing and it's been great getting to know you all this year. RevThumper and Kristiki, thanks for hauling the large load of booze from NH and for all your help!

Here are some shots we took:

and this seemed even more hilarious after a bunch o' drinks:

B

Doh!!

Sorry i couldn't make it. Looks like everyone had a swingin' time.

And the pad looks totally swankified in a holiday way.

Next year, I promise. (unless its a Pats home game)

On 2007-12-03 06:13, Bargoyle wrote:

Next year, I promise. (unless its a Pats home game)

:lol: I doubt if we'd see RevThumper and Kristiki in that case, either!

J

I've been depressed all weekend that I couldn't get to the party!
RATS!
Now seeing all the pics, I'm even more depressed.
UGGH!

Sorry I didn't make it Paul and Kelly.
Looks like quite the swank pad...
and now we know where all the beautiful people were this weekend!
Merry Christmas to all!

What a swell way to kick off the season! We both want to thank Velveteen Lounge and Captain Quad for hosting such a fantabluous shindig and it was great seeing everyone again, and (woohoo!) we even beat the snow coming home. Looie Kalua will post pics tonite. XXOO hohoho!

Mucho Mahalo to Kelly & Paul for swanky Christmas soiree. Everything was top notch. Kelly, loved the hair it was just fab. Paul, great smoking jacket (glad you tested it to make sure it worked). Glad to hear everyone made it home safe n sound.

UT

Thanks to the fabulous Velveteen Lounge and CaptainQuad for the hospitality. Tjis was the swankiest holiday party ever! Thanks to the other TC ohana for the great pics.

Thank YOU all so much! A party is only as good as the people there!

K

We had so much fun seeing/meeting everyone! Thanks for posting the pictures... it was a blast.

J

That looked awesome! Miss and I wished we were there...

Dang, I'm still coming down myself, and I wasn't even smoking one of the Acid stogies! I will commend the gents and gal who were out there in the gonad-shrinking weather--it was bloody hell cold out there but y'all were troopers. Heck, that's why I busted out the private stock. Oh, and I totally forgot--the rat fez is from the super-secret FOM Rodent Lodge. Wait, did I say that? Forget all about that. This email will self-destruct in five seconds.

This may have been the best damn party I've ever been to, which is more awesome considering I was able to fall into bed at the end of it. It was so not only because of the herculean efforts of VelveteenLounge but also the ad hoc aid of Kristiki and The Rev, who took care of so many last minute details, including deluxe cocktails found NOWHERE else (we destroyed the last of the Orinoco for security purposes.) Then there are the guests and all I can say is without ya, it's just happy hour for two, we love you all. Everyone was so generous with their time and fabulous gifts and helped make it a rocking good event. Me, well shucks I just get to live here year 'round, with the best gal in the world.

Now, onward to the next round--is that you, LM & BG? Home entertainment rules the roost, no question in my mind!

R

That's right Cap'n, the fun starts all over a week from tomorrow at Ray's quickly followed by festivities in the Meadowlands at Damian & Gina's. I better hurry up and rest this weekend!

On 2007-12-03 09:26, Martiki-bird wrote:
Looie Kalua will post pics tonite.

Took me a bit longer. Here are a few of the good ones, though.

Tending the spread. The food was very yummy!

The lovely wahinis discuss wahini-stuff. Bird Girl, Martiki-bird, and Velveteenlounge.

Rugbymatt (as his usual festive self) and Kristiki enjoy the killer tiki bar area.

The dashing Captain, with Martiki-bird looking giggly.

Keep up the good holiday party action, people! It's been a fun season.

Great pix, Looie Kalua, thanks for posting! And Happy Birthday! :drink:

Pages: 1 29 replies