Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

seattle: jet city junket 2 ~ THANKS! PICTURES!

Pages: 1 2 63 replies

What a great great event! Mucho Mahalo's to Dogbytes for all the time
and effort in planning this awesome event! I haven't seen that many
fabulous prizes since watching Wheel of fortune...

Monkeyskull is definitely the "Hostess with the Most-est"

Todd hurriedly removing the wrapping to avoid the oncoming stampede

The Shag room before all the shagging began

Do Marlow, JoDavid and Sweetpea ever not look fabulous??

Heathers Chihuahua is acting cool, but really enjoyed the junket...

Enjoying the delicious libations offered in the Rongo Rongo Room

Sweetpea mistakenly thought the baby she won in the raffle was edible..

Some of Ken Pleasant's amazing artwork that sold very quickly.

Just a couple of the glamorous ladies on the Junket

Monkeyskull faking narcolepsy in an effort to avoid conversation

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:32 ]

D

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! the Second Jet City Junket was an absolute success! we overpacked the bright yellow schoolbus ~ evidently, the stated capacity of 72 (children) does not quite equal 52+ adults ~ and hokey smokes, that doesn't include the hosts that followed the bus in personal vehicles! the bus was quite cozy! thank you all for squishing in, playing nice and being on time. oh and not getting left behind somewhere along the way.

i took no pictures ~ too busy having fun! IF YOU TOOK PICTURES, PLEASE SHARE!

:tiki:The Hosts:: :tiki:
All of this would have been impossible without the overwhelming generosity of our home bar hosts. Your Aloha Spirit astonishes me, thank you for opening your homes to us.

Dawn (Sophista Tiki) served quiche and fruit and fantastic drinks at her uniquely stylized, art-filled, witco enhanced, midcentury modern home. The Shagalicious home of **Paul & Kendra (Mr & Mrs Tiki Riviera) ** was as delicious on the eyes as it was on our tummies! The sweeping views of Lake Washington at Carrie and Lori's home were as amazing as the sensational Thai Food and the drinks poured from the vintage built-in bar in the rumpus room. Plenty of Chinese BBQ pork and desserts at **elicia & Frank-Todd's **. in the Rongorongo Room , Space Needles and Chief Lapu-Lapu's poured freely! we ended the night at Pete's (Monkeyskull's) Voodoo Lounge with a Hawaiian Buffet and plenty of Punch.

:drink:The Volunteers: :drink:
Woofmutt, Andy (Tiki Joe's Pop), Dawn (Sophista tiki), Jesse Elliott & Iggi Green, Jonelle, Sweetpea, Frank Tamburine and Shani (Tiki Wahine) thanks for stepping up where ever and when ever there was a need!

:sheckymug:Donations: :sheckymug:
Tiki Daze (Swanky) ~ Calendars
Bad Mojo ~ Suburban Savage ~ Plaque and Pendants
Woofmutt Stuff and Junk Like That ~ BILLIONS of handcrafted and vintage items, gift-wrapped prizes!!!
TIkiyaki Orchestra ~ CDs and coasters
Tiki Riviera ~ a signed SHAG PRINT
Sweetpea ~ Booze Leis
Ken Pleasant ~ HUGE Carved Paddle
Sophista Tiki ~ Designed and Produced the Swag Bags
Heather Watts (Travelin Tiki) ~ beautiful art Prints
Tiki Joe's Pop (Andy) ~ :music:Jet City Junket 2 CD :music:

Vendors: Sweetpea, Jonelle, Bad Mojo and Ken Pleasant (email me for contact info if you want to purchase more stuff!)

Geez, i hope i remembered all my Thank You's ~ i look forward to JCJ3!
edit to correct Bad Mojo's business name Suburban Savage.

[ Edited by: dogbytes 2007-12-20 19:32 ]

J

Thanks to everyone involved, especially Elicia, Woofmutt and Sweetpea for their extra hard work and also thanks to all the hosts. Your homes and bars were incredibly inspiring! I had a fab time indeed!

Thanks also to everyone who purchased tiki pendants, hair flowers or hawaiian shirts from me. Since this was my first attempt at carving pendants, it was quite swelligant to sell some!

I took lotsa pics of all the stops which I will post soon. In the meantime, here is a shot of my first attempt in "Pendant Making 101". I sold all but nine! Yay!

Thanks again everyone!!

-jonelle-

D

a few pix..
swag bag.

designed & sewn by Sophista Tiki {i helped glue stuff on}, (clockwise from top) stuffed with name badge, custom JCJ2 CD from Tiki Joe's Pop, Postcard from Sophista Tiki, Giant Snickerdoodle Cookie from Dogbytes, Tiki Daze gift bag, Coaster from Tikiyaki Orchestra, Woofmutt Calling Card

Buttons from Jesse Elliott & Sophista Tiki

Coconut Snow Monkey by Woofmutt

W

Actually this is the rarer Albino coconut Monkey

J

Wow! They are so different yet so the same!

;o)

I saw one on the tour that looked the the Abominable Snow Monkey...all white and sparkly! Very cool and very elusive!

D

On 2007-12-18 08:02, woofmutt wrote:
Actually this is the rarer Albino coconut Monkey

i actually forgot the Monkey's name. on the bus i called him The Snow Monkey of Death. but he sorta looks like that, when you tip his head back and it's all cranium-y inside.

D

Woofmutt the Rockabilly Elf created these one-of-a-kind Tiki Wreaths! Home Bar Hosts and a few Busotica guests received one:

lucky!

S

On 2007-12-17 15:36, jonelle wrote:
Thanks to everyone involved, especially Elicia, Woofmutt and Sweetpea for their extra hard work and also thanks to all the hosts. Your homes and bars were incredibly inspiring! I had a fab time indeed!

Thanks also to everyone who purchased tiki pendants, hair flowers or hawaiian shirts from me. Since this was my first attempt at carving pendants, it was quite swelligant to sell some!

I took lotsa pics of all the stops which I will post soon. In the meantime, here is a shot of my first attempt in "Pendant Making 101". I sold all but nine! Yay!

Thanks again everyone!!

-jonelle-

Hey Folks, Miss Jonelle still has some of these for sale, but NOT the Tiki Bobs, because one belongs to Tiki Riviera, and the other one was bought by
SHAG!!!! Super coolio!!!!

Also, thanks muchacha to all the hosts, and Miss Elicia for just doing so much to make it happen and to Woof, who shoulda been there, and to our favorite bus driver yet... and to my giant hips that allowed me to have a seat between the seats without my rump touching the floor ( I think ya had to be there for that one) and to everyone whoo came on the bus and sang along with the songs I made ya sing....
Sweetpea

I've posted a few pictures over at Flickr. You can see them at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10462631@N08/collections/72157603511013403/

This was so much fun. Big THANK YOU to all the hosts who allowed us to rampage through their houses, eat their food, drink their booze and ogle their stuff. All of you are so generous with your time and efforts.

Also big THANKS to everyone who supplied raffle items and goodie bag items. The goodie bags were without a doubt the very best we've ever had. The hand made bags themselves were just so fantastic that it made you clutch them to your chest and swoon. And the cookies... exactly what we needed...lord knows there was no food to be had at any of the houses smirk....

And there is always one comment overheard at these things that just sticks in my mind. This one was from Kim who was talking to Pete "and you're such a nice boy".

Thanks again everyone. This was worth twice the price!

J

Here are about 150 photos that Marlow and I took on the Jet City Junket 2 tour, just posted as a Set on my Flickr site...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jodavid/sets/

We boarded the Big Yellow Bus
and toured 5 hosted Home Tiki Bars!

Thank you Elicia, and a big Thanks to all our very gracious hosts, volunteers, and our intrepid bus driver, who showed us her mettle.

• After the Tour, and the fab dinner at Pete's Monkey Skull VooDoo Lounge, most of us headed over to Hula Hula and made festive with more exotic cocktails, while Lushy played their irresistable music treats, and Shag showed up to toast the crowd. You can see photos we took of Shag's Motorino opening the night before at Roq La Rue Gallery in my Photo Set on Flickr also.

• You can see a video Marlow took of Lushy performing Snowflake Surprise that evening which I've just posted on YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-X3GUgoWs

• Photos by Marlow Harris and Jo David •

J

Here are about 150 photos that Marlow and I took on the Jet City Junket 2 tour, just posted as a Set on my Flickr site...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jodavid/sets/

We boarded the Big Yellow Bus
and toured 5 hosted Home Tiki Bars!

Thank you Elicia, and a big Thanks to all our very gracious hosts, volunteers, and our intrepid bus driver, who showed us her mettle.

• After the Tour, and the fab dinner at Pete's Monkey Skull VooDoo Lounge, most of us headed over to Hula Hula and made festive with more exotic cocktails, while Lushy played their irresistable music treats, and Shag showed up to toast the crowd. You can see photos we took of Shag's Motorino opening the night before at Roq La Rue Gallery in my Photo Set on Flickr also.

• You can see a video Marlow took of Lushy performing Snowflake Surprise that evening which I've just posted on YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-X3GUgoWs

• Photos by Marlow Harris and Jo David •

FINALLY the motherload of pictures!!!! thans to those who did a little documenting of my house for me. next time you come over it will be even better!

JoDavid! thanks for posting those pictures! as always you and Marlow look FAB ~ i LOVE the pic of her on the Rongorongo Room stairs!

Pages: 1 2 63 replies