Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

We trounced the Competition!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Over the weekend, TofuJoe and I attended Camp Swing, a dance camp that takes place in the Mendocino Woodlands.

Each year, they have a "Cabin Decorating" Contest. We submitted a Tiki-fied entry, which we lovingly called, "The Ohana Hut".

From the moment the judges entered the place, we knew we had it in the bag. The oohs and aahs were non-stop; one judge said (and I quote), "I just want to stay here..." We had a TiPSY factor of .8 (if you included all the tiki necklaces, otherwise it was about .3), the largest being a 4-footer we packed into my little Corolla. Add to that 20 yards of Tapa print fabric, about 2 dozen Hibiscus flowers, and a full bar set-up, including a mug rack (with about a dozen mugs on it).

...photos coming soon...

Wheee!

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-10-30 22:06 ]

Congratulations! :)

J

Congratulations! Yes, please post pics soon! Are there pictures of you dancing too?

CL

SWEET!!!! Congrats! Pictures!Pictures!Pictures! :D

Way to go! Second on pictures!

O

Way to go Haole! Tiki and swinging. Who would have thought?

H
hewey posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 3:02 AM

Pics! oh, congrats too :D :lol:

P

YEAH !!!

Pictures please

Well,

It's taken so long to post because I was waiting for photos from my bunk-mate. Looks like she won't be coming through any time soon, so here's my paltry few:

Here's [the ONLY CABIN SHOT I SEEM TO HAVE of] The Bar area of the cabin. TofuJoe's mixing himself up a Manhattan. You can barely make out "The Mug Shelf" to the right

What you don't see in the shot are The Swamp Fire print, the Congolio Original Painting, the four foot Jungle Trader-carved Tiki. Mahalo, Tiki Central, we couldn't have won without you!

Additionally, I will share with y'all:
Me in the kitchen, with whipped cream beaters

and I saw more Banana Slugs over the weekend up there than I did in all my years at UC Santa Cruz:

Go Slugs!!!
Aloha,
:tiki:

Pages: 1 9 replies