Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

rt 66 first season now on dvd!!

Pages: 1 10 replies

just came out last week....picked up mine from best buy for $24.99. the first season of the 1960's t.v. series rt 66.....it was filmed on location so i'm hopin to see some good footage of vintage 66 roadside stuff.....it's been pretty good so far.

Finally. A lot of people have been waiting for this show to come out in some form of home viewing. The last time I saw it was when they were showing it on Nick way back in the 80's.

One episode I want to see again (but don't know if it was the first season) is where Buzz and Todd work at Marineland of the Pacific in Palo Verde, CA. Guest Star is Leslie Nielson back when he was a serious actor.

Also want to see the one where Robert Duvall is a junkie and tries to steal their Corvette.

Shame on me for not posting this...

I'm already into the 3rd DVD of the set. For me, this is my first time seeing it, as it was on before I was born. I've been wanting to see the show for years, having the Mother Road on my to-do list before I turn 45 (1 more year to get it done). So far, I'm enjoying the show, but the show hasn't really been on 66. They've been in New Orleans, Oregon, and Arizona (Only time I saw a sign)

Hey Tipsy,

This is only the first half of season one. Not sure when the next set is comming out.

Cheers!

Rick

there are alot of then unknown actors in these series that bacame famous later...yes, robert duvall, leslie nielsen, alan alda, ron howard to name a few...i think the episode you are looking for is in the first series..i'll check when i get home.

Hey Tipsy,

This is only the first half of season one. Not sure when the next set is comming out.

Cheers!

Rick

..yeah i noticed that, but the liner notes promise it was on location..probably as it get into the series alittle further...the show only ran from 1960-64. i'm sure the remaining episodes will be following soon.

Route 66 Episode Guide

Looks like I will need to wait for the Robert Duvall episode "Birdcage on my foot" which was season 2 and the Leslie Nielson episode "Poor Little Kangaroo Rat" which was season 3. But there is still the great Nelson Riddle theme song.

[ Edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2007-10-31 10:35 ]

Season 1 Vol. 2 now available

Amazon:Route 66 season 1 vol. 2

[ Edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2008-02-06 09:30 ]

Route 66- The Complete Second Season

Just released this month

if there's one thing that watching this show has taught me, is that it is very helpful to have a greek guy who can beat anyone up with you, when you are traveling.

Heads up!

There's a problem with Route 66 3rd season set. They are all being recalled due to a faulty dvd. There's nothing on it.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Route-66-Season-3-Recalled/12326

Wait a bit before you buy.

Rick

[ Edited by: Bogielocks 2009-07-21 22:30 ]

Pages: 1 10 replies