Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New York City, Sat.. November 10th, NY/Hawaii Community Party

Pages: 1 9 replies

The group Halawai, building communities in New York and Hawaii is committed to building and supporting a community of people who share a common background or interest in Hawaii. In the tradition of extended ohana (family), Halawai perpetuates the aloha spirit by bringing together and providing a gathering place.

For more information on this organization go to: http://www.halawai.org

On Saturday, November 10th, Halawai is organizing a party at the Westbeth Community House 55 Bethune Street from 3-7 p.m. $ 15 Adults, $ 10 Seniors 62 + and Students. Children under 8 are free.

There will be pupus and a cash bar, singing, dancing, etc.

Check their website for more information.

All best,

Hawaii Kai Guy

UT

Sounds cool! Is this in Brooklyn?

K

It;s actually in Manhattan on the far west side.

On 2007-11-01 05:56, Urban Tiki wrote:
Sounds cool! Is this in Brooklyn?

There is a map on the website that I listed if you click on the event and the date it will show you exactly where in Manhattan it is taking place.

Thanks all,

HKG

P.S.- If you respond by Saturday, November 3rd to the organization by email (it's on the calendar link), you will get the first drink FREE......

Do I hear a call to arms for the NY/NJ ohana?

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm an enthusiast.

[ Edited by: leisure master 2007-11-01 12:38 ]

Damn, I'll be out of town. Sounds great!

UT

Mary and I are there!

Unfortunately I can't attend the event tomorrow even though I listed it on the board as I have to work from 1 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. I thought I would be able to leave for 2-3 hours on Saturday, but realized tonight it won't be possible.

So those who attend, let me know how the event was.....

Many thanks!

HKG

How was the event?

Pages: 1 9 replies