Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Target Tiki Wanted, Please Help, Desperate

Pages: 1 16 replies

D

My daughter has been driving me crazy trying to find a tiki for her friend. They have both become completely obsessed with the tikis at our local mini golf placed called "Tiki Golf." I've found out for visiting there so many times that the tikis were sold a Target last year. I've been to just about every Target in our state with no luck, they said that unless they had a manufacturer's name or bar code number they couldn't help me. I've searched google countless times as well as ebay, which I now check daily hoping to find one. My daughter rarely asked me for anything, so I was hoping to find her one before the holidays. If anyone has any information to help me find one, or if anyone would like to sell me one of theirs, I'd be very greatful, I promise it'd be going to a good home. Please help me.

B

What state are you in?

Does it have to be that specific Target Tiki. There are many carvers and vendors out there with tiki's much nicer than the plastic lead tainted one from china that may not last very long.

That said, I will be at Target today and will check and see if they have any more. It may not be easy to find because this is a "Summer Line" item. I saw a couple a few months ago that they were clearing for Fall lines.

Mahalo!

MN

Also, let us know where this so called Tiki Golf is located. The plastic tikis are great for weather resistance. Buuuut, They might want to learn about hand carved tikis and where to get them.

Many carvers are here. Check "tiki carving" here on Tiki Central for artists.

G
gonzo posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 8:55 AM

http://www.designtoscano.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1454&itemType=PRODUCT

Buy one of these instead. The target ones are a Florida style that I dont care for. These ones are knock offs from Disney's tike room. They sell a few tikis search on "tiki" to find them.

Here are the Target Tiki that are left at the Target here in "Sorrysota" ,Fla. The one on the left is about $38.00 and the one on the right is about $30.00. This is the marked down for clearance prices. The Garden Center Mgr. confirmed this was a seasonal item and the decision to carry them next year would be up to the corporate office based on their performance in sales this last summer. They did not move that well at this store and I noticed they had a lot of damaged ones that they cleared out a few months ago.

They are plastic.

I have some inventory left over from a past retail life that I have been meaning to put on Ebay but never seem to get around to it, anyway here is one of the items from that lot you may be interested in. It to is plastic and very lightweight, which is good for shipping costs. It's about 36" and $38.00. The smaller picture has a Tiki I recently carved, $100.00, but It's heavy and would be pretty expensive to ship.

I wouldnt mind helping you out either way. I have two daughters and know how it is, we want to make them happy even though they won't really appreciate us till were dead.

The Toscano one is pretty cool as well and the quality is better than the one I have for sure, that's why it's a hundred bucks.

Good luck and let me know if I can help further.

Payin it forward, Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-11-02 11:10 ]

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-11-02 11:14 ]

I might suggest you check out the local Odd Lots / Big Lots. Although it is probably clearanced out for the season, they had some tiki stuff earlier in the summer. (Probably long gone by now, but worth a look.)

That Tascanos stuff is generally pretty expensive for what it is.

If a young person has freshly found tiki as an interest, make it worth their while and get them something carved by a local artist. Something more unique and original. It's a wonderful hobby, and a healthy fetish...although it can become addictive, as any other interest. But I think it should be encouraged.

I would think that a carved piece of art would be more cherished than a mass produced plastic idol. (For just a little more money).

Good luck!

[ Edited by: the75stingray 2007-11-02 12:14 ]

D

Thanks for all your replies. Being a "Tiki" person myself, I would much rather see them with a real one. But, they've become obsessed with that particular tiki from Target. So, YES, it has to be that one. For those that asked, Tiki Golf is located in North Haven, CT and is an indoor course.

T

delor263

I have the exact tiki from target in my backyard.
Make me an offer that I cant refuse.

tikiace,

I'd love to make you an offer, I sent you an e-mail with all the details.

T

Delor
Sorry that email is gone!
Contact me at [email protected]
Thanks
David

D

Still looking for a Target Tiki - Doesn't anybody want to sell one???

Isn't that a 2006 Target tiki? It would be unusual for them to offer the same tiki two years in a row. It's made of a resin or ceramic, by the way, and can break. I gave one as a gift last year and had to pick through several that were damaged.

You might try trading the course owner a better (and more durable) wood tiki from one of the carvers here.

The Tikis are from 2006 because the golf couse has been open for over a year. We tried offering them money and/or different Tikis they haven't accepeted. They actually have 3 of the one my daughter is looking for and two of the black Tikis that came out last year.

I have a tiki from Target like you are looking for. Might sell or trade. It looks good , kept inside.

Hey Delor, We just saw several or the Target Tikis you're looking for in an 'Antique ' Mall in Albuquerque.
They have a web site here...http://lukasfunkystuff.com/
Sorry we didn't find out how much they were but if you give them a call I'm sure they could help.

ch

D

thanks for the information - hope this lead works out - the others haven't

Pages: 1 16 replies