Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: VANTIKI Mt. MonkeyBusiness - illuminated handbuilt Tiki Mug

Pages: 1 9 replies

V

Aloha folks!

Happy to announce a new hand-built ceramic Tiki Mug has found it's way from VanTiki island to the shores of eBay!

"No banana in the Jungle will stifle the glowing magma seething deep within Mt. MonkeyBusiness. Only a steady stream of tropical nectars and aged rums will keep the angry simian volcano from blowing its top!

Mt. MonkeyBusiness is an Illuminated 2 stage Mug! Upper Stage: Volcanic shot glass with hidden secret skull emblem. Lower Stage: Tiki Lamp lit with a convincing LED flicker circuit assembled by VanTiki island scientists. "

This mug actually lights up with a convincing fire flicker effect via some cleverly placed LEDs and a mylar diffuser! As always, a one-of-a-kind mug entirely handmade by me in Hawaii. Kicking it off at $75. The little LED flicker box is fun to place in a variety of objects to add a touch of (safe) flickering fire to your life! More info (and video) on my website and the auction page.

ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120179567804

VanTiki MonkeyBusiness Link:
http://www.vantiki.com/VanTiki/MonkeyBusiness.html

Mahalo for looking and good luck bidding!

Very cool. Your work really is different and creative, Van. Super Duper!

ch

V

Mahalo Cheeky!

Just wanted to give this thread the ol' 1 day 18 hours left bump! :)

RD

Another beauty!

Love all your stuff. Keep it up!

-Joe

I'm very happy that this great piece will soon be joining collection of the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge! Thanks for the swell work, Van Tiki.

On 2007-11-10 16:12, monkeyskull wrote:
I'm very happy that this great piece will soon be joining collection of the Monkey Skull Voodoo Lounge! Thanks for the swell work, Van Tiki.

Wowzers!!!!!! That is a lot of mug.

I dig the Santerineross stuff. Reminds me of Philippe Fichot of Die Form.

I dig the Santerineross stuff. Reminds me of Philippe Fichot of Die Form.

Yes, we're straying a quite a bit from tiki and VanTiki here, but I quite like both those guys' work -- and Die Form is definitely a good mood setter for the darker side of the lounge. If you like what you saw of Santerineross, I'd especially keep an eye out for his books and especially Fruit of the Secret God, though it tends to be pricey these days, or perhaps his DVD which has digital images of both his books and a short film.

[ Edited by: monkeyskull 2007-11-11 08:19 ]

Hey thanks,

and now back to your regularly scheduled MonkeyBusiness....

Man, oh man, Van's mugs are stellar!!

http://www.greyhoundog.org

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-11-11 11:54 ]

T

I notice the slits in the back plus the mouth opening. This mug can't really hold much liquid, could it? The sacrifice of looking good, I guess.

Would be cool to see a Monkey Island mug down the road.

On 2007-11-11 12:03, teaKEY wrote:
I notice the slits in the back plus the mouth opening. This mug can't really hold much liquid, could it?

It is actually a 4.5 lbs shot glass. Just put Demarara 151 in it! :)

Pages: 1 9 replies