Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

The Goof

Pages: 1 13 replies

LT

I expected to see these guys hit the the Bay yesterday. (Not mine btw.)

T

I hope that's a good sign for us hopefuls that made the leftover list! I hope I'm one of the lucky ones!

M

Oh well, they wasted the one per household to sell it. I am on the waiting list too.

LT

On 2007-11-06 12:15, mymotiki wrote:
Oh well, they wasted the one per household to sell it. I am on the waiting list too.

I think the 1 per household was for the black, painted version; the brown was limited to 1 per person. But I do get your point.

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Nov 6, 2007 1:22 PM

Hiphipahula

Since you have them both (both colors) which one do you like better. Is it the black one?

On 2007-11-06 13:22, teaKEY wrote:
Hiphipahula

Since you have them both (both colors) which one do you like better. Is it the black one?

Brown

LT

Wowzers - $102.50. Those at the top of the waiting list should be smiling today.

I don't think you wouldn't be able to effectively repaint a brown mug black, but you can always see how the red and white hightlights might look on the brown.

Here are nice some companions to Mr. Bali Hai.

LT

I'm black and red with envy! :)

I was delay and wasn't able to arrive until about 8pm - I was happy to find that the browns were still available. Any idea how long the black mugs lasted?

On 2007-11-10 11:40, LOL Tiki wrote:
I was delay and wasn't able to arrive until about 8pm - I was happy to find that the browns were still available. Any idea how long the black mugs lasted?

I didn't get there way early (about 15 min before 6), and there was already a line out the front door. I figured I was out of luck for the black mugs. I did see people walking out with black mugs in hand, and when I got to the door of the South Seas room, I saw Holden handing out #15. I counted the number of people in front of me, and if each couple got a mug, I would be #21 or 22. But when it was my turn, it turned out I was 20, so I got the last one. The strict rule was one per household, but based on the number of people in front of me, there must have been some people who passed on the black mug.

There was a couple in front of me before I got inside, but they got out of line to talk with some other couple. So I really lucked out!

T

Cool story. Must have felt good

LT

On 2007-11-10 11:48, tikipedia wrote:

I didn't get there way early (about 15 min before 6), and there was already a line out the front door. I figured I was out of luck for the black mugs. I did see people walking out with black mugs in hand, and when I got to the door of the South Seas room, I saw Holden handing out #15. I counted the number of people in front of me, and if each couple got a mug, I would be #21 or 22. But when it was my turn, it turned out I was 20, so I got the last one. The strict rule was one per household, but based on the number of people in front of me, there must have been some people who passed on the black mug.

There was a couple in front of me before I got inside, but they got out of line to talk with some other couple. So I really lucked out!

You did get lucky! What a drag it would have been to be #21. I figured the price would be a deterrent for some, so I held out a little hope when I arrived; clearly, I didn't have a chance. But that's okay. It was so cool to get a chance to meet some of the people who's mugs I have collected and who's talent that I admire. And I did get this guy, along with Derek's and Headhunter's posters and a carved necklace from Lake Tiki.

T

Are the prints from the event still available?

LT

On 2007-11-10 14:56, tikipunk wrote:
Are the prints from the event still available?

I've no idea. Derek made 50 prints of his poster, you might try shooting him an email (check http://www.derekart.com) to see if there are any left. For the Headhunter poster I'd send an email to Tiki Magazine.

Pages: 1 13 replies