Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Waterfall Volcano, what EyeballJohn did this summer

Pages: 1 6 replies

Too many project's, too little time, I'm always doing 10 things at once, Why?, I don't know, I like to torture myself, at the beginning of the summer I was set on building a Waterfall Volcano in my back yard, something on the size of about 10-12 feet high, summers are so short here on Long Island and before I knew it it was June already so I decided to build a smaller version, this one is 5 feet tall. I made a wooden frame and topped it off with one of speaker covers I made, used cardboard and 2 inch tape to get my shape then covered this with fiberglass and spray foam, and painted it to look like stone,added a few pockets for plants, used a mister/fogger with lights to get the effect I wanted and a small water pump. Looks good ( espicailly at night)and works very well, also made a new Tiki Fire God for the deck and some Moai with lights in them to add to the mood, a little at a time I'm making my tropical paradise even if it lasts only a few months a year, well that's what I did this summer, check out some pics here and more if you like on my site http://www.Eyeballjohn.com, just click on Tiki Lounge, let me know what ya think, Later John

Very cool stuff....did you happen to make a mold of the fire god tiki? I would like one of those around my backyard paradise.....good job!!!

C

Nice! a lot of work done this summer!

Hi, thanks. Glad you like my work, I know to the HardCore Tiki coniseur? my frown on any Tiki carving not done in wood but Hay, I've been working with Fiberglass since I was 17 and that's a long time ago, so I use what I know, I did make a mold of the Fire God Tiki, I should have them done and up on E-bay next week if anyone is interested? they are also used as speaker covers. It's in the 40's outside right now and I'm sittin by the fireplace with a Tiki drink in hand Dreamin bout when I can be outside again, Aloha to all and to all a Good Night, John

H
hewey posted on Sat, Nov 10, 2007 4:52 PM

Nice work, the moai lamps are may favourite, got a cool lava look to them :D

R

Speaking as a non-purist myself, love the work.

Hi EBJ,
Just read your response to my tiki mold thread, Thanx! I do want more about what you know on the subject! Nice Tiki lamp, BTW!

Pages: 1 6 replies