Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Project: Pimento LIVE at Forbidden Island Dec. 9th @ 4:00pm!

Pages: 1 12 replies

M

Aloha!

The two great tastes that go great together: Forbidden Island & Project: Pimento!!

You know ‘em, you love ‘em- now experience the incredible one-of-a-kind Theremin lounge sounds of Project: Pimento in the tropical splendor of Forbidden Island.

Sunday, December 9th starting at 4:00pm: The perfect way to shake off the winter blues on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Project: Pimento has been a big part of many tiki events over the years, including The SF Tiki Crawl, Tiki Oasis, Thrillville at the Parkway, and much more. We’re delighted to welcome them to FI. Experience them live and take home copies of their outstanding albums for your own swanky pad.

Learn more at: http://www.projectpimento.com/

See you there!

Mahalo!

J

Yipeee!! That rocks! I'm so there!

M

BUMP!

MT

Wow, how did I miss this post? That sounds great! Barring any unforseen holiday circumstances, Coco Loco and I are in!!!

I saw Project Pimento in Fullerton, at the Continentall Club,
then the sadly gone, Lava Lounge in Hollywood.
and then at Tiki Oasis V

they are spectacular.

how many other lounge/Exotica bands have a Therimen player in the band.

go see them if in the area for sure.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. please ask them to come back down to So. Cal. again.

I'll be there tomorrow!

J

So will I!

S

Have a good time everyone!

Our favorite band playing live at our favorite bar!!
We can't wait...

M

Ten minutes to showtime!

MT

Hey, that was a great show! Man, the joint was really hoppin'! Much thanks to Martin, and also to all of the Forbidden Island staff for crankin' out all those drinks lickety split to all of the thirsty masses - man, Mel was lightning fast, I couldn't even see her hands moving!

I don't have a camera right now, anyone take any pics?

M

That was a great show! Thanks to everyone who packed the joint, and big thanks to Pimento who were fantastic as usual. All the best to the rotund-yet-still-sultry Lola Bombay, who is due in February, but promises to be back in action as soon as the kid is popped out.

And we'll definitely look forward to having them back again as soon as we can!

Mahalo!

Here's a couple of pics. I must say, Project:Pimento's bird calls (on the Theremin!!) and sultry rhythms were a perfect accompaniment to FI's decor and ambiance. Almost like a perfect soundtrack.
For those who didn't make it, don't worry. They will definitely be back!!

Pages: 1 12 replies