Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki #6

Pages: 1 4 replies

B

First of all thanks to Alientiki for the original idea and inspiration for this carving. I really like the large mouth and the flames at the bottom. I plan a few other changes but another ALIEN !!!!! YIKES !!!!. The palm tree blank was a bit more fibrous than others I have worked with so the flames tips keep breaking off. I used sanding sealer frequently to keep them together while cutting them out.

Pamper yourself and get one of these bucket accessories with the castors. It makes tiki storage and carving a breeze (e-mail:[email protected] or PH#(954) 429-0709).

I also downloded some pics of aliens to get the eyes right and some metal-flake blue for the brow and of course the eyes will be painted black. The flames will be painted too. CYA later with more pics. KEEP YOUR CHISELS SHARP AND YOUR BANDAIDS CLOSE. BUFFBAD .
Update:I wanted to make the mouth deeper but ran into a very fibrous center wood in the mouth so I had to make a small change from the original plan.

Next came painting with the assitance of the cat (Mr. T) and the bucket dolly.

Almost done !!. Just one coat of polyurthane so far and few final touches pending.

More pictures when I get a new roll of film. BUFFBAD
Here they are----- final pics by the pool.

CYA Later folks --- BUFFBAD

[ Edited by: BUFFBAD 2009-01-29 19:32 ]

Cooool. Palm wood can be quite fibrous and I think some are unsuitable for carving. You seem to be doing a fine job dispite the obsticles. I cant wait to see it painted up.

lookin goood! cool new look for it. like it.

B

NOT looking cool, in fact looking Very HOT! Now THAT's Cool

S

Looking good buffbad, I really like the flames around the bottom.

Pages: 1 4 replies