Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Beachcomber Rum Barrel Silent Auction

Pages: 1 10 replies

As previously promised, I am offering one Don the Beachcomber Rum Barrel mug to the TC member who e-mails the highest bid to me at:
[email protected]

This is an original mug in excellent condition other than some slight crazing.

The minimum bid for this mug is $25 and I will end the bidding at 5 pm eastern time, Monday, Feb. 17. Shipping is extra and will be worked out between buyer and seller.

I'll announce the winning bid, but leave it to the buyer to reveal themselves as they see fit.

Someone asked in their bid if this is a white or brown barrel. It is a white Royal Haeger barrel. Not sure who made the brown ones.

The brown ones are made by "Franciscan-ware". California made. Here's a picture of the brown one, some are glazed completely around the bottom ring, some are unglazed where the ring is (the base-part that the mug rests on).

SugarCaddyDaddy

FYI. The Wherehouse in Marina Del Rey, CA has an identical Barrel Mug.

My silent bid is $27.894884884

On 2003-02-11 11:39, BONBONVIC wrote:
FYI. The Wherehouse in Marina Del Rey, CA has an identical Barrel Mug.

Actually, they don't. The Don Beachcomber barrel is about twice as big and the glaze quality is much better - it's a lot smoother. They only look similar however, I have several variations of the Warehouse barrel and one of the brown Don Beach barrels above (but in an olive-beige glaze) and they are different.

I believe the white one up for auction is the one manufactured by Royal Haeger pictured here:

http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/marked/adm

Thanks Poly Pop. Double the size? That must have been some drink!

I'll photograph them side by side so you can see the difference. Not sure what they served in those large barrels but I bet you only needed one! :wink:

Thanks PolyPop. The link you provided does indeed illustrate the barrel that I have at auction. The light brown glaze that highlights the writing on my barrel is not quite as sharp, but it is identicl in all other respects. And you are correct that this is a large barrel. It is approximately the same size as a Mai-Kai barrel.

Only three days left to bid for this barrel, and I have to say as it stands now someone is getting it cheap.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-02-14 13:14 ]

My silent auction for the Beachcomber Rum Barrel ended Monday, but it took awhile to touch base with the winning bidder and confirm arrangements. The mug went for $50. Thanks to rest of you who bid on this.
Aloha.
Geoff

Pages: 1 10 replies