Name:SugarCane
Type:bar
Street:247-249 Lavender Hill, Clapham
City:London
State:
Zip:SW11 1JW
Phone:0207 223 8866

Description:
Brand new Tiki Bar and Restaurant with Londons only A Frame entrance.
Inside you can sit in the Tiki Hut booths or the Sunset lounge, Bar serving all the usual Tiki classics and some of its own inventions, food menu is a mixture of dishes designed and cooked by a Kiwi Chef.
Capacity 150 approx plus outside area enclosed by bamboo for smokers/Summer
New stuff being added constantly to the Decor.
Designed by CheekyTiki.

Can't wait til I get there in May!

Splendid! You get a hug, brother! The Brits showing the Americans how to do it!

Not only that, but it looks to me like they're doing it much better than we are these days. Wow. Super pics. THIS is what the new Trader Vic's should look like.

Those booth huts look suspiciously like the ones at Forbidden Island...

V

I can't wait to come back to London to taste it !!

Lookin' good!!!

Woah! This has awakened me from my slumber!!! Amazing work Cheeky. I can't wait to visit ASAP.

Woody

Who are you? :wink:

Will have to make a point of getting there in May when I am over for the Heineken Cup final.

I thought Trader Woody was an ancient myth!

I'll be in London from 09.02-23.02, and I'm definitely planning a visit. If anyone wants to join me for a few tropical potables during my stay, drop me an e-mail.

Here's the Sugar Cane website, by the way. Oddly, they haven't bothered to post their hours anywhere that I can see.

M

If anyone's interested, Sugar Cane's hours are: 5pm-12am Sun. to Thurs. (closed Monday) and 5pm-1am Fri. and Sat. I'll be there around 7:00pm on Tuesday, February 12th with Tiki Chris, Tikiracer, and Will (World of) Kane, so stop by and hoist a cocktail or three with us!

Blimey! Only just spotted this, obviously outta the loop here at Tiki Towers. If it's still on I'll try to get up there and grab a Mai-Tai with you, and those reprobates Tiki Chris & Tiki Racer!! If I don't make it...Have a good time, I'm sure you will!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

On 2008-02-11 15:08, POCKETIKI wrote:
Blimey! Only just spotted this, obviously outta the loop here at Tiki Towers. If it's still on I'll try to get up there and grab a Mai-Tai with you, and those reprobates Tiki Chris & Tiki Racer!! If I don't make it...Have a good time, I'm sure you will!

I've got a hut reserved, so there'll be plenty of room if you decide to pop in. Hope to see you there!

On 2008-01-26 01:35, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
I thought Trader Woody was an ancient myth!

the man, the myth, the legend!

Hey Tiki Central (sorry I've been away for sooooo long)!

Here's a short video from last night's meet-up:
http://tikichris.blogspot.com/2008/02/tuesday-night-at-sugar-cane-tiki-bar-in.html

Thanks MrBaliHai for organizing! It was great to see everybody. The folks at Sugar Cane are really cool and it's a fun bar.

• Chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris 2008-02-13 04:10 ]

So that's what the funny camera thing you had was for Chris? Well I never!!! Glad I spotted the post at midnight the night before, I wouldn't have missed that little gathering for all the tea in a Long Island Iced Tea! What's that?? There's what?...None? Oh, well for all the tea in Japan then! Anyway, I digress. Great meeting up with old buddies again but a special treat meeting MrBaliHai! One helluva nice guy!! Old punks never die they just find TIKI! Funny that we should be talking about The AVENGERS and the STONES' cover version of 'Paint It Black' should play in the background! They what?...the original? Oh, well... The Boob Tube video is embarrassingly funny Chris! Remind me to stay in the shadows of the indoor palms next time!

Sorry to have not said a proper 'goodbye' MrBaliHai! When you shook my hand in the 'Gents' I thought you were just getting in first before I handled the big tiki! Didn't realise you were leaving, had my mind on the operation ahead! If you want to try to hook up before you go back to the States let us know, as that would be cool. For us...not so much for you!

Tiki Racer! Thanks for the 'Trophy Room', I was gobsmacked...still am! Can't thank you enough!!! But I'll try!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai and a Dark & Stormy...and one of those 'Wray & Nephew' spiced chicken wings!!!! MMmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Great to meet you too, Trader Jim! Give me a ring if you want to meet up again before I go home.

i love how "hotel california" was playing in the background. ridiculous.

On 2008-02-15 08:23, Tiki Chris wrote:

Not to mention you playing air guitar to "More Than A Feelin'"...:)

On 2008-02-18 00:36, MrBaliHai wrote:

On 2008-02-15 08:23, Tiki Chris wrote:

Not to mention you playing air guitar to "More Than A Feelin'"...:)

Now you know why I always try to be the one filming! Don't want that sort of filth leaking onto the internet.

So, any cocktail recommendations, anything you can't taste anywhere else, the best in the cocktail menu...

So, any cocktail recommendations, anything you can't taste anywhere else, the best in the cocktail menu...

Oops, sorry for posting twice the same question, if you want you can answer only once.

http://bastardosaffrin.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: BastardoSaffrin 2008-09-08 08:02 ]

C
croe67 posted on Thu, Apr 2, 2009 6:15 AM

Hiked down to this one last weekend just to find that they were closed for renovations SERIOUS BUMMER!!!! The good news is that they are putting in some pretty cool rock walls on the side opposite from where the tiki huts are, so should look pretty cool once it's done. But we were seriously bummed to make our way all the way down there to only see a construction site :(

I guess next time we'll call first....

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Apr 2, 2009 8:09 AM

Hey Cheekytiki, when will it open again?

A

We're heading to England on Sunday for a couple of weeks. I'm excited to go to both Sugarcane and Trader Vic's in London. We're planning on going to Sugarcane on the 23rd as it's Big Kahuna Night - and I can't pass up half priced drinks, especially in London.

Hard to believe it's been almost 7 years since I was here, and even harder to believe this place is still open.

I really need to find a job that lets me travel outside the US again...:(

[ Edited by: MrBaliHai 2015-11-29 15:37 ]

Pages: 1 27 replies