Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Smokin' Menehunes ARE BACK @ The Catalina Fish Kitchen!!! This Friday 11/16/2007!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies

I just received a smoke signal saying...

Yes! You read correctly! After a Smokin' performance down at the Tiki Magazine Party at the Bali Hai Restaurant in San Diego a couple weeks back, the boys are back in Orange County!

For those of you who have seen them at "The Kitchen" you remember the fun atmoshpere, great food and drink (and prices!) and good times with fellow TC'ers...

For those who haven't, here's your chance! This Friday only! Free show!! (just tip your waitresses and entertainment accordingly!)

Catalina Fish Kitchen
19171 Magnolia
H.B., CA 92646
(about 2 miles south of the 405 fwy on the right just past Garfield)

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-11-14 08:10 ]

R

The Menehunes were at the Bali Hi event? Damn, How did I miss that?

Oh yeah, I was all hopped-up on numerous cocktails. I do vaguely remember doing some sort of tribal, jumping dance.

Anyway, it will be good to see the Menehunes again at The Kitchen. Its hard to get too "forgetful" drinking Hinano Beer, but damn I plan on trying.

See you all on Friday.

[ Edited by: Riptide 2007-11-14 13:17 ]

T

Finally, something that's walking distance from my casa. Count me in!

Tikitatt

[ Edited by: Tikitatt 2007-11-14 15:03 ]

I might be there to throw some of my dirty boxers at Bong.

S

Very Cool..Im gonna try and check it out

On 2007-11-15 12:47, The Sperm Whale wrote:
I might be there to throw some of my dirty boxers at Bong.

NICE!

TM

That's right!

HEAR: Tiki bong carve up his steel like he does a face while on his board at HB. The boy is seriously underrated!

HEAR: Palika strum jazz and sing like Perry Como. Palika was one of the beach boys in the heyday of Waikiki, serenading pretty tourist girls with songs like "One paddle, two paddle" and giving 'em lots of memories to tell their friends about!

WATCH: Lucas Vigor play the upright bass while shoegazing worse then any alt-monkey past or present. (Oh yeah, I may yell at a few kids just to spice things up....)

FYI........The Smokin Menehunes usually play from 7-9ish :)

Hey!

You guys check out Spikes new gig yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHQ1bqZL09A

Maybe it's time for a Mash Up of the Smokin Ramonehunes?

We're thinking maybe May for another parking lot party at the shop. Would love to see you all jam together if you're into it.......

pm me!

TM

I tried to get Spike for the last Bali Hai gig, but the Ramones thing was the same night, so he was not available. I have spoken with him before about this, and he is up for jamming, long as his calendar is clear. I would like to see it happen, of course! Spike shreds! (Last time I saw him was at Sams, and he drove up in a very cherry vintage ride!)

WooHoo!! It was great to see The Smokin Menehunes play at The Catalina Fish Kitchen again. The place was packed.

Pages: 1 10 replies