Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Watch Bohemiann carve live now!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Bohemiann is broadcasting his carving live on justin.tv. Check it out.
http://www.justin.tv/bohemiann

MrsHoptiki

Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki,

Er, gee. thanks?

I saw the TC pub crawl on justin.tv and says to myself, "self, thats pretty cool!" So I hooked it all up and I was going to carve anyway so why not put a camera on it. I had only told two people about it so it was not really ....prepared organised. Anyway, thanks for those of you who logged in with encouraging words. Sorry about the audio problems. I am going to make this a regular thing so please bare with me as I learn the nuances of the online broadcasting thing and Tiki carving. I'm no Basement Kahuna or Benzart!

Here are the last two I carved, they are not finished yet. I will put about another two hours of detail work on each of them.

I will post pictures of todays Tiki in a bit.

p.s. I will post carving times on the justin.tv/bohemiann site. I will try and carve every other day around the same time, 2:00 p.m. EST, for 2 or 3 hours a session.

Mahalo.

Hi Boh, We enjoyed your carve today. This live interaction thing is really neat. Looking forward to your next carve.

MrsHoptiki

O

Very cool to watch you carve live and respond to questions Bohemmian. I am setting up a rig myself and would like to go mobile like Hanford was at the Crawl and webcast a TC night at Tiki Ti when Beachbum Berry and Sven can make a appearance on Justin TV. I'd really like to see more TCers with their own channels on Justin or a Tiki Central channel we could all contribute content to.. Nice to chat with MR. &Mrs. B and Suzanne while we watched carving.

From the 15th
Still a work in progress.

I'd really like to see more TCers with their own channels on Justin or a Tiki Central channel we could all contribute content to.

I agree Ojaitimo. This is great technology and we here at TC can make excellent use of it. It’s a blast to be able to watch live broadcasting and chat live with friends at the same time.Thanks to Hanford for turning us on to this site.

Come on everybody, join us for Bohemian’s next carve. Check his Justin.tv room to find out when he will be streaming live http://www.justin.tv/bohemiann

MrsHoptiki

p.s.my Justin.tv nick = sky_blue

Thanks BPHoptiki,

I appreciate the encouragement! I am having some trouble getting my Mac to play nice with justin.tv. The audio is not working and I think it's an issue with the flash player. I will be using my Dell laptop for now. Once I get it figured out I may take the plunge and "go mobile". I have some interesting plans for content and will post updates to the agenda.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-11-18 05:59 ]

B

One of these days I will get a camcorder and add some tiki carving Benzart style.
Excellent start on your tikis Bohemiann and the video is Awesome. Ojaitimo is right, we Really need MORE of these videos.

Hey Ben, I will drive over and schedule an interview or live carving anytime you want! I'm over in Sorrysota. Hopefully I will be able to make it to coontiki and will be "mobile" on justin.tv by then.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-11-18 16:18 ]

B

Sounds Great. I guess we should get something set up?
I spoke to a lady who is taking out several palms soon from her property if you are interested in the trunks, I will hook you up.

Bohemiann is broadcasting right now.

MrsHoptiki

O.K. so this one was really bad. The palm was pretty rotted and when I was doing his eye....It sorta fell off, then his teeth fell out and I pretty much gave up and carved the rest for the hell of it. I took what was left of his eye and made a patch. He will be sacrificed to Pele ,live, at a date to be announced soon.

Thanks for stopping in on Sunday Mr&Mrs BPHoptik, Jentiki and Lowbrow. I will try and carve again on Tuesday.

Ben, I am very interested in those trunks! That would be very cool! I will get with you soon and we can check some dates and talk about it.

Nice tikis. Looks like you have perfected your methods and are honing your skills nicely. You are really turning them out fast. I look forward to next Thursday's tiki(s). :drink:

B

Thanks Savage,

I aspire to turn them out as nice and detailed as the ones you are producing! I need to get some hand carving tools and some patience.

Next Carving Broadcast
March 6th 2008
http://www.justin.tv/bohemiann

Pages: 1 14 replies