Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Okay, who has way too much money?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Not mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120183181950&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ebayphotohosting

Lignum Vitae bowl Skpper Kent owned

"One of a kind antique rare, heavy, large lignum Vitae wood bowl, one of Frank Skipper Kent's collection. He was a famous Restaurateur, Yachtsman, and world traveler and founded restaurants in San Francisco (Skipper Kent's) and Oakland (Zombie Village) in the 1950s.which paved the way for Trader Vics restaurant. The heavy wooden bowl resembles a ship and is 8 inches wide x 15 inches long x 7 inches high. As stated this a a one of a kind old bowl made of the finest rarest densest wood known and was owned by a famous person back in the 1950s collected during his world travels in exotic places. Will accept cash in person, cashiers check once verified for authenticity at the bank and funds are available from a U.S. bank and personal check with verification and time to clear the bank."

Starting bid? $3000. The wife would think that my head is made of the "densest wood" if I spent that much on this, but it might be right up someone's alley.

Note the historical errors regarding Trader Vic and who paved the way for whom. Also, if you're going to ask thousands for something, spending a couple of seconds proofing your object listing title might be in order so that buyers can find the darned thing.

If you do buy this, I have some sticks that I'm pretty sure Don the Beachcomber owned. I take mugs in trade. :)

• SV

And the seller's account is less than 30 days old, with zero feedback.

As Marcellus said, something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

RR

Hey, at least there is free shipping.

Clearly an example of not understanding, and mis-judging what the Tiki revival and Tiki collecting is about. Sad to see that people who maybe have had a real connection to Tiki veteran or place mistakenly believe they have a "goldmine".

On 2007-11-15 17:28, serious voodoo wrote:

If you do buy this, I have some sticks that I'm pretty sure Don the Beachcomber owned. I take mugs in trade. :)

• SV

Voodoo, if you find someone I think I have some of those sticks as well, yea sticks!

I have way too LITTLE money! Is that at all relevant in this thread?

Trader Jim - Make mine a glass of water!

if you can get tamapoutini to hang carved jade tikis all around the rim i'll buy it

only 34 minutes left to decide!

Just for the sense of discussion:

Even with the provenance, I think I'd be willing to pay maybe $150. Too low? What do other (more connected) people feel is a real price for this?

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-11-19 11:54 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies