Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Chicago Trader Vics - YES

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

Hello Friends

I'm working on the Design for the new Trader Vic's in Chicago which will be located on State Street.

It's definately going to have the classic early Trader decor - like Dallas. Also we on using all of the remaining original Chicago T.V. tikis, giant clam shells and artifacts that are in the Trader's warehouse in California. (we used some in Dallas) It's several months until the fog cutters start pouring but definately something to look forward to.

C

For Real?!?!?!?

That's just SO cool!!!!!!!

Sounds great tikiarch!

Looking forward to a Vic's that I don't have to get on a plane to visit!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-11-15 23:30 ]

K

Tikiarch is the guy who worked on the Dallas location, so there's no doubt it's going to be NICE!! Can't wait to see it!

Mmmmmm... I can taste the Mai Tai's already!

Waahooo!

oh my mai-tai, i cant wait! it will be nice not to have to head out to the burbs for a decent drink.

Dare I? Dare I trust T.V. again?

Aw, what the heck--Woo hoo!

T

Great news, Arch.

Thanks for the news.

I heard State Street, and March of 2008.

Can you elaborate?

R

Any update on the new State St. Trader Vic's there in Chicago?

They're going for a new look they say can't fail.

Pappy, Matt, you guys sure do get up early to post here! Oh, wait, that's Pacific time. What are you doing posting here when you should be working??

HA HA! That is hilarious! ...you forgot the satellite TV dish on the roof.

Howzzat?

:lol:

nice Pappy!

I especially like "Make any meal BUFFALO, $1"

C

first part of March I am supposed to tag along with my husband on a business trip to Chicago. I wonder if we can time it just right. Would love to see the new TV there

A friend of mine received an email from the corporate offices of Trader Vic's regarding the Chicago opening...

March has just about come and gone... that used to be the target date.

*Thanks for your email, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

We're finalizing the details with the new owner for the new TV in Chicago, so unfortunately we don't have an opening date to give to you. It will probably be late June early July?

I am saving your email address and will be happy to let you know when we know the exact opening date, or ever a realistic approximate date.*

I guess we continue to wait.

Just as an FYI, the Palo Alto Trader Vic's was over a year late from their projected opening date ... but it still opened (and is still open).

T

"Make any meal Buffalo $1"

OK....I just peed my pants. THAT'S Frikken funny.

Pages: 1 18 replies