Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

50% off sale 2-22/23

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha TCer's,
Feb. 22/23 50% off all Bamboo Ben built product in the store. New items; tiki wall carvings (Witco-ish), art( modern tiki), furniture( bamboo,etc.) and a dozen bars(never one the same!). (hours and info below)

Bamboo Ben-Custom Tropical Decor
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Hours:
Saturday 10-sunset-ish
Sunday 11-4-ish
714-960-1860

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-02-11 08:42 ]

RevBambooBen wrote:
50% off...a dozen bars...

So if I get 50% off of a dozen bars, do I only get 6 to take home?

Too much coffee this time.....

No, I think this means that they are 50% shorter...?

Benjamin, where the hell have you been? I'll be seeing you soon h'slice.

If I may say so, Bamboo Ben has some very cool bars. You outa' state TC'ers should really contact Ben and pick up (or have shipped) one of his bars or other items.

Just think, you'll be the first in your state to own a Bamboo Ben Bar (keep in mind his true Tiki genes - check Book of Tiki)

I proudly own 3 or 4 of Ben's creations, which are an integral part of my tiki bar which has been the location of numerous Tiki Central events.

Now, let's get shopping!

T

BB needs a site so us out of CA'ers can see his work. I saw the bar pics from the Mondo event last summer. Would like to see more.

Maybe after Bong gets done patting himself on the back, he can post pics of what he has from BamBenBoo.
Remember "Life is like a cocktail napkin"

Baxdog,

My back wasn't the only thing I was proudly patting (I'm sorry, I had to have you replaced).

PS What's the matter with with my admiration of Ben's work, what you don't like Ben?

'A thing of Tiki is a joy forever'

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-02-16 18:22 ]

Ben who?
Ben him?
Ben hur?

"Two things don't equal themselves"

Have no brakes
Cannot stop
Mahalo to you
Baxdog

[ Edited by: thebaxdog on 2003-02-16 21:23 ]

Aloha All's,
Been up north for a week in Mendocino with no cell, no tv, no computer. But, we hung out with lots o redwoods, saw the Hanford Lemoore sign on the 5 and I even saw a palm tiki in a yard! When are we going Kona bowling? When is the next OC mini crawl? Lot's of new goodies in the store. Starting to carve wall hangings from the Eli styles I have from my photos. These pics are from the 40's to the late 70's. He did many, many, carvings etc. Will have re-prints at the Tiki Oasis and the Hukilau for sale.
Mahalos,
BooBamBen
p.s. with any luck, I might have a web-sight up soon. But, it'll prob. be totaly generic.

Mahalo,
Bamboo Ben
Bamboo Ben (custom tropical decor)
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

[ Edited by: Bamboo Ben on 2003-02-18 20:12 ]

S

Party at Ben's!

Doh!

S

On 2003-02-18 20:09, bamboo ben wrote:
When are we going Kona bowling? When is the next OC mini crawl? : Bamboo Ben on 2003-02-18 20:12 ]

Did you get that, gang?! Ben making the call to arms! To the "Tikimobile," Bong!

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Check out Corky's article.

BE BOP A BAMBOO A

By Corky Carroll

I think that our buddy Bamboo Ben has created a rage. Everywhere I look these days I see bamboo this or bamboo that. I love it. If they had more Tiki huts in the world there would be more good will. Or at least a heck of a lot more Mai Tais, and that couldn't be all that bad. To celebrate a tonage of success at his new store on Yorktown, just west of Beach Blvd, he is having a monster sale over the weekend of Feb. 22 and 23rd. Something like 50 percent off all the original handmade by Bamboo Ben himself cool stuff in stock. If you are a Tiki hut kinda person, like I am, you won't wanna miss it.

There is more to it if you want to check it out @ http://www.CorkyCarroll.com and in the surf section of the OC Register.

Lots o Burned Tiki Plaques, just created today too!

I suggest if you are planning to visit, you should make it Sat. A.M. .

We've had to clear our voice mail 3 times (that's like 90 minutt's worth ) today with questions about the sale!!! Yikes! (next weekend we will have a make believe sale cause ther will be nothing left!)

Pages: 1 13 replies