Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Anyone else hear from "tony"?

Pages: 1 11 replies

I told him it was hilarious and I'd be sure to share this with all and sundry on the forum. Here's the PM he sent me:

Dearest One,
I am writting this letter with due respect and heartful of tears since we have not known or met ourselves previously I am asking for your assistance after I have gone through a profile that speaks good of you. I want to find out if it's possible for you to deal with individual as to investment.I came across your profile and I feel it's highly reputable that is why I pick an interest getting across to you in respect of investment at my disposal. I will be so glad if you can allow me and lead me to the right channel towards your assistance to my situation now.I will make my proposal well known if I am given the opportunity. I would like to use this opportunity to introduce myself to you. Well I am tony Williams from Liberia,the only Child of COL Gabriel Williams My father is now late,he died during the last crisis in my country(Liberia). He was one of the high officers in the leadership of former president Charles Taylor who is now in exile after many innocent soul were killed,My father was unlucky to be among those that was killed by the rebel.Since after the death of my father my step mother and my uncles are after my life because they want to have the m,just because am too young.
My mother Died when i was a baby, before the death of my father , he told me that he has the sum of Ten million, five Hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD ($10.500,000) fix desposited account,in Abidjan capital city of Coté Divoire which is the cause of hatred of friends, and relatives, and even brothers,
That I should seek for a foreign partner or one capable and reliable that i can trust and love that will help me so that i can leave this country and invest in any business of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purposes and to further my education.

so i am seeking for your asistance in making this purposes.
Furthermore,([email protected]) byou indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded successfully.

Anticipating to hear from you soon or call

yours faithfully

tony . W

[ Edited by: Carmine Verandah 2007-11-19 18:27 ]

IWTTTGFH

On 2007-11-19 21:07, Jungle Trader wrote:
IWTTTGFH

Eh? You're talkin' to an old fogey here -- one with class, but still....

A PM?
Here on TC?

We have members in Liberia, with money in La Cote d'Ivoire?
Cooooool.
Ask him if there's any tiki there!
Maybe he can open a TV's with his $, or you could with your share :wink:

Everyone knows about http://www.419eater.com , right? If you're up to it, you can use the website to learn how to "scambait":

So what is scambaiting? Well, put simply, you enter into a dialogue with scammers, simply to waste their time and resources. Whilst you are doing this, you will be helping to keep the scammers away from real potential victims and screwing around with the minds of deserving thieves.

It doesn't matter if you are new to this sport or a hardened veteran; if you are wasting the time of a scammer, or frustrating them in any way well that's good enough for us, and we would welcome you to join with our now very large community.

Although this site concentrates mainly on the Nigerian 419 scam, we are happy to deal with other types of scams if and when the opportunity arises. We also have a large team of experts dedicated to the removal and closure of fake scammer banks and sites.

Even if you are a newcomer, much fun can be had and at the same time you will be doing a public service. If you are new to this game and need to know what scambaiting is all about, please click on the 419 FAQ link at the top of the page. See also Baiting Tips for information on getting started on this great cyber-sport.

The Trophy Room is priceless.....

I didn't know there was a term to screwing with these scammers.
Here's an email exchange I had with a fine fellow(Bourret) who was supposedly interested in buying my Mercury Comet. I played the part of jarjar aka Mr. Binks. It was fun!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
bourret james wrote:
Goodday,
Am interested in your 1963 Mercury Comet Convertible am offering $4,500 if my offer is acceptable get back to me,for the shipping i have a shipper that take care of my shipping,for payment do you accept a check? thanks hope to hear from you soon.
BOURRET......

----- Original Message -----
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:55:34 -0800 (PST)
To: bourret james
Subject: Re: 1963 Mercury Comet Convertible
Hi Bourret,
Thanks for writing. Where would you be shipping the car? I would accept a cashier's check from any major banking institution. Where do you bank at? Take care-Falin

et james wrote:
Hello,
thanks for your mail i want you to know that my shipper from holland will be shipping the car and morever my client will be sending the chec to you so i don't know his bank i'm okay with the $4,500.Inrespect of payment i have a client in the U.S who is owing me $9,000 .All i need to do to make payment easier and faster is to instruct him to procure a cashiers check and mail it to you on the address and name you want on the check and you know it takes 24hrs for a cashiers check to clear in the U.S.But i would want to know if i can trust you to send my balance to me via money gramm after the money must have cleared in your bank to enable me prepay the shipping company here so that they can instruct their office in the U.S to come and pickup the
1963 Mercury Comet Convertible from your location.pls mail me asap to enable me
arrange payment.Furnish me with your name and address, so i will
forward it to my client for payment. Thanks,
BOURRET...

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:19:27 -0800 (PST)
Yeah sure. But why don't you send me $9000 in cash and I will be sure to send you the balance. Really, I will. I would like it in 20 dollar bills please.

bourret james wrote:
Hello,
am sorry i can't do that but i must let you know that am glad to let you understand my point that my shipper is in holland so i must make thing very fast so that there will be no problem
thanks

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:02:11 -0800 (PST)
If I pay for shipping will you send me a personal check? This could be a most glorious classic deal. This thing is good with no problems. This car is run like scat down a thigh good good goo. YOu will like this much. Write me soon back today.
-Mr. BInks

bourret james wrote:
Hello,
thanks for your mail am glad to hear that from you well am so surprise for so a mail i will like you to know that my client will be sending a check of $9,000 to you.i will also need the pics and your address and name where the check will be mail to so that shipping can be done asap.
thanks
bourret......

Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:01:52 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,
I am happy to tell you can you overnight the check to me today please thank you. Will it be possibly for me to send you a pic after the car is on it is journey to this house. What is your home phone number please? I would preferable to exchange recipes. Please mail me soon right now.
hello, Mr. Binks

bourret james wrote:
Hi Binks,
thanks for your mail am glad for your response since you have agreed on getting the check of $9,00 from my client i will like you to furnish me with your name and address so that my client can be able to mail the check to your location so that the balance can be send to the shipping company for the pickup.
thanks
BOURRET.....

I think meso lost you phone number. Please with kindness write your home phone number and your address so we do complete this glorious deal. Do you have to send me please a nice photo of yourself? Please be smiling and wear something color lavender. I like cheese very much.
-Mr.Binks

++++++++

He never wrote me back after this. I miss him.

--

Oh, Christ, that's funny... Meso still not stopping laughing...

Too funny!
And it took him so long to figure out that the gig was up!!

Another Nigerian scammer, hence the language subtleties weren't coming through?

Oh my! La Verandah will have to take this amusing and useful info over to another forum frequently frequented -- a place devoted to the art of danse du ventre where we occasionally get postings from supposed club owners in Egypt who are hiring at good money for their oh-so-swanky nightspots...

[ Edited by: Carmine Verandah 2007-12-16 23:22 ]

Hmmm, sounds like we've got another one making the PM rounds. Found this in my TC mailbox this morning....

Grace5 wrote:

Hello Friend,

Before I proceed further, Please permit me to introduction myself to you. I am Mrs. Grace Bay-Ong Dagadag A complete citizen of Philippines. I am Wife of Late Mr. Tomlord Dagadag of Philippines. He worked with Philippine Embassy in the USA as An Ambassador for years and also hold other Political position in Philippines before his death.

I inherited a total sum of $9.5 Million American dollars from my late husband, the money was concealed in a Metallic Trunk Box and was deposited with a security company in Abidjan Cote D Ivoire, that was because he needed a maximum security / safety of his consignment and no body nor government organization can trace the where about of the money until he is ready and prepare to claim it. But the Security company does not know the real content of the box, because it was deposited as a Family Valuables for security reasons.

In fact, since the death of my husband, his brothers has been seriously chasing me around with constant treats, trying to suppress me so that they might have the documents of his landed properties and confiscate them. They have successfully collected all his properties, yet they never stopped there, they told me to surrender all bank account of my late husband, which I did, but I never disclose to them this deposit with the security company in Cote D Ivoire, because this is where my future and destiny lies upon. The family of my late husband never aware of the secret existence of this deposit which I made with the security company and they can never be aware of it.

My main purpose of sending you this mail is because of the way I found you and perhaps trustworthy to give you this priority of shipping the box of money to any address that you think is very secure and save in your country for onward lodgement your account for the purpose of future investment with your percentage of which we shall chat on soon. I will send you the Authorization Certificate to call them in my next mail which is the Certificate of deposit that they gave to my late husband on the very day when the box of money was deposited under their company. I give thanks immensely for your co-operation as I look forward to hear from you for quick conclusion of this business. The percentage will be your reward for all your moral and financial assistance during the period of moving the money to your country.

Please if you can assist me, I will be very grateful and repay you many times over. Declaring your willingness to assist me in this venture in your next email reply.

Waiting for a very quick response from you.

Best Regards,
Mrs.Grace Bay Ong Dagadag.

NB: Please reply me at: [email protected]

That Spambaiting looks like fun, too bad I already have too many hobbies.

Grace contacted me a few days ago too. now i do not feel so special knowing that she would take her trusts elsewhere, filthy whore!

Pages: 1 11 replies