Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

MY Island music for sale - Cds and iTunes

Pages: 1 4 replies

D

well it's not Polynesian music, but island music non the less, thought some of you might like to at least hear my music.

I play ALL the instruments and did all the recording- and well, everything. (thankfully there is no singing)

Here is the page where you can listen/buy and every CD has a link to iTunes.
http://web.mac.com/sonordrum/Steel_drum/My_CDs.html

All shipping is done ASAP for Cds.

thanks for looking.

Kent

http://www.kentarnsbarger.com

[ Edited by: Drumkat 2007-11-20 22:25 ]

Aloha Kent. Welcome to Tiki Central. I have purchased a couple of your CD's and gotta tell you that you can really make those steel drums sing! You are right in labeling them Island music, as the Caribbean and steel drums are associated so closely. Have you ever thought about trying an album with more of a Polynesian or Hawaiian sound? Some of the old Hapa Haole songs would probably translate very nicely, or even some of the more popular tunes performed by the legendary Brother IZ would be great!

Good Luck and keep making music!
Aloha,
Myke

T

Nice work... Time to leave 'Indy' and head down to the islands !!!!

D

On 2007-11-21 08:42, tikiwinebear wrote:
I have purchased a couple of your CD's and gotta tell you that you can really make those steel drums sing! Have you ever thought about trying an album with more of a Polynesian or Hawaiian sound? Some of the old Hapa Haole songs would probably translate very nicely, or even some of the more popular tunes performed by the legendary Brother IZ would be great!

Myke

thanks for the kind words, yes Steel drums are from Trinidad originally but are finding themselves much more around the globe in their scant 60 years on the planet. I have not really considered doing Hawaiian music only cause it is SO different, but I will look into it (along with your recommendations!!. I want to be more of an "Island artist" and less of a "caribbean artist" if that makes any sense. Polynesian is a very distinct sound that I know little about comparatively. I love listening to it though.

thanks again and enjoy!

D

On 2007-11-22 05:27, TikiLaLe wrote:
Nice work... Time to leave 'Indy' and head down to the islands !!!!

thanks so much.
Yah that was my original intention upon purchasing my drum, but after waiting almost a full year for it to arrive, the day I got it in the mail I met my future wife..... coincidence???? hmmmm :wink:

That's my dream though, just a few more hundred gigs and several more thousand CDs sale and I may make it yet!!!

[ Edited by: Drumkat 2007-11-22 21:27 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies