Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: War God + Gecko = The GECKOMA by W. Cevola

Pages: 1 13 replies

There is nothing better than when friends join together to create something new. Jonice Frank gave me the copy write to the Frankoma Tiki Line. I was in the middle of making a tall version of the War God when Traveling Jones (Jonesey) told my partner Gecko we should fuse his trademarks with the War God and call it the Geckoma. So I went to work on this really fun idea. Today it was released on eBay. Here are some photos of the work in progress. Thank you for looking, Wendy of danlovestikis

Prototypes, looking for the best color.

So does it look like Gecko?

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-11-21 16:24 ]

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2007-11-21 19:24 ]

LT

Nice! Sooo, when and where will these guys be available?

I vote for the classic brown one.

Hi, you got it the classic brown color is going to be the open run mug. Right now on eBay there is an auction for Gecko's signature Kissed by Pele version plus one of the brown open run mugs. Type Geckoma and it will come up.

The others colors are going to disappear into Dan's collection. I make him buy several of each tiki I make to show support for his wife, me (almost 30 years now).

The open run should become available on Gecko's web page at http://www.SouthSeaArts.com soon, you can email him from that site.

Thank you for the posts, Wendy

M

I like all the colors thank you. I am partial to the blue one or the light brown one. Very nice.

Ho Ho... Da Big Puka! I love it.
Great job you two. Yours and Gecko's work keeps getting better all the time.
Aloha,
:tiki:

LT

That Pele glaze is rad!

Great job Wendy. The winning team of Wendy and Mike does it again! Props to Bruddah Jonesey for another great idea. Light brown and blue are my faves too.

Wow...Great job! Here's the link so you guys can check it out. I can't believe someone hasn't used "Buy It Now" yet!

LT

On 2007-11-25 10:57, Tiki Matt wrote:
Wow...Great job! Here's the link so you guys can check it out. I can't believe someone hasn't used "Buy It Now" yet!

My guess is because Christmas is just around the corner. (Otherwise I would have nabbed it last night! :D)

Wendy, really nice work as always! I'm looking forward to spending some money on one of the classic brown version.

Thank you everyone. Here is the first Tribute to Gecko I did last year, he was too humble to let it fly. Wendy
As the dabigpuka.

As the Honey I shrunk his head version.

Hey you two...get a room! I'm sure DAN won't mind, ha, ha!! Especially as he must be pickin' up some great additions to his humble little collection? Seriously though, you guys make a great team. That new Geckoma mug is killer!! For what it's worth, I like the top middle, caramel glaze mug. You know we like 'TIKI with a TWIST' here and your stuff is more twisted than Chubby Checker's underpants in a spin dryer...during a tornado! I know you are having so much fun doing these pieces WENDY and it really shows, keep up the enthusiasm, keep workin' GECKO to the max and we'll ALL get to enjoy the end results here on TC! Lookin' forward to gettin' my 'Mai-Tai' glaze Forbidden Island Frankoma mug!! Take care guys!!

All the BEST from Tiki Towers - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai in...yeah you guessed it...a 'Mai-Tai' glaze Frankoma Mug!!

Hi Trader Jim, your mug is in the mail and should arrive soon. I've never been overseas so the mug is traveling further than I ever have, lucky mug, Wendy

Pages: 1 13 replies