Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Custom designed, hand painted tiki barware available!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Aloha, everyone! You can now purchase exclusive, one-of-a-kind, professionally hand painted tiki barware, including stainless steel cocktail shakers and flasks, and turn your luau or home tiki bar into an even more lively event! There are a number of colorful designs to choose from, all finished with the highest quality materials. Follow the trail of meandering moais over to http://www.firewaterflasks.com

if they are stainless steel, i would suspect that the paint will be chipping off very easily after use....please tell me i'm stupid and that you actually treated the metal with some sort of chemical etching or something before adding paint to it......

"I may not always be right...but i'm never wrong"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-11-21 18:03 ]

On 2007-11-21 17:59, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
if they are stainless steel, i would suspect that the paint will be chipping off very easily after use....please tell me i'm stupid and that you actually treated the metal with some sort of chemical etching or something before adding paint to it......

"I may not always be right...but i'm never wrong"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-11-21 18:03 ]

Yep cuz those are cool & I want one..or 2

Hey Tipsy,

I found the answer on the site...

Each flask and bottle starts out as a blank, unused, first quality stainless steel container. Each one of them is appropriately prepped for applying the design and finish. This step includes the application of a quality automotive primer, to insure the paint's proper bond. After the specific color combination has been sprayed, the textured black finish is then applied. This creates a dimensional "layered" effect, with the color pattern (i.e., flames, tiki, etc.) lying in relef, below the higher profile of the textured enamel. The finished pattern is then pinstriped by hand. Wherever it is required, the completed work is topcoated with several coats of clear lacquer, to guard against abrasion.

Thanks for the info & your keen eyesight ... I like these!

nice work bogie.....i looked around prior to my post but i guess i missed it...thanks!

Pages: 1 5 replies