Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Terrace, New Location Update!

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha from the Tiki Terrace! Thanks again for all of your support of our little Hawaiian Hideaway.

Well, It is official. Tiki Terrace will be relocating. Our last day in the current Prospect Heights location will be Dec 1. The target date for re-opening will be early March. We will be moving to a shopping center in Des Plaines about 3 minutes North of O'hare airport and across the street from Barefoot Hawaiian. The space we are moving to is decently larger and more accessible from major highways. Some points to look forward to include:
We will be open 7 days a week including lunch hours.
Major upgrades to entertainment with larger stage, sound, and lighting
We will be relocating all the decor from the current space to the new space and will also add a significant amount of larger decorative installations. Plus, all the booths and tables will be custom made, Hawaiian style of course! From an atmosphere standpoint, this new location will be far superior to the current space!
With a new chef/kitchen manager, we will be making a variety of additions to the dining menu. Additions to the cocktail menu will also be made.
The new location is literally 3 minutes North of O'hare. Access is very simple via highways 90 and 294.
And there will be much more parking at the new location!
If interested in visiting one more time before we close, please keep in mind that the next two Saturday shows are nearly booked to capacity. Please call in advance to make reservations for either Fridays or Saturdays. We will also be closed on Wednesday the 28th for a private party.

Again, we would like to thank you all for your support of Tiki Terrace! We hope to see you in the next couple weeks or at the new location in 2008!

Aloha!
The Tiki Terrace

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-04-20 22:43 ]

B
Bete posted on Mon, Apr 14, 2008 5:36 PM

The new location is so AWESOME! I recently got a look at the inside of the new Tiki Terrace restaurant (and bar) and it so rocks! It's just way too cool looking! I'm assuming that it will be open very soon, so anyone in the area should try to check it out, you really have to see it to believe it. Scott (one of the owners) is an amazing artist and did an unbelievably cool job designing the place. Phil (another one of the owners) is quite a skilled craftsman and did a lot of custom work (like on the booths and etc.). Personally, I've never seen anything like it, hopefully they'll have pictures on their website that can do their new location justice, as they really thought quite a bit outside of the box to come up with a absolutely totally cool looking place. So many special features integral to the design of it were custom made, and there is very, very cool lighting in the place to accent some of these things. Bravo guys!!

[ Edited by: Bete 2008-04-14 17:37 ]

A quick taxi ride for myself and any laid-over pilots. I'll try to fly United more often.

[ Edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2008-04-14 20:56 ]

according to their website, they're shooting to open on the 23rd - that's only a week away!

..about time....start rounding up the list of midwest surf bands to play there now that they have a real stage.

I haven't seen Reluctant Aquanauts play in a while...

Cocktail Preachers too...

On 2008-04-16 13:17, mrexotica wrote:
I haven't seen Reluctant Aquanauts play in a while...

Cocktail Preachers too...

..fear not...cocktail preachers play this saturday night at the horsehoe bar up on lincoln....they go on about 10 p.m.

If they hold that opening date I am coming into Chicago on the 25th for a conference and will definitely want to check it out.

I would call them first

(847)795-TIKI

Here's some new info from Tiki Terrace.

The new digs are good to go!

Aloha from Tiki Terrace!

I know it has been a while since our last email list update, so here goes... After nearly 5 months of constant build out, we will be open to the public this week! We are planning on a Wednesday open date, but please stay in tune with the website for the exact day or please call the restaurant... website and phone number below.

Some points to look forward to:
MENU... We have a new partner and head chef, Rich Lazaro. Rich is from Hawaii and knows the "local grindz"! So we are really excited to offer many new items on our menu.
ATMOSPHERE... It is a similar atmosphere, but on a larger scale. We devoted much effort and time to details like hand-carved table tops, custom made booths, over 20,000 feet of blonde and brown bamboo trim, and so much more! My brothers, Rich, several friends and I fabricated/installed essentially everything you will see at the restaurant. We are very excited to hear your feedback on the atmosphere.
ENTERTAINMENT & NEW ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE... Barefoot Hawaiian has a new show called the "Hanalei Revue" that will be featured every Saturday night during the dinner/show segment... and in my opinion, it is their best show yet! On Friday nights, Barefoot Hawaiian is back with the "Ports Of Paradise" revue during the dinner show segment. On most Wednesdays, we will be scheduling Live Island Music. Twice a month, we are scheduling a Senior Luncheon. And we hope to offer special events on a regular basis.
STAGING... Our new stage is just awesome! It is decently larger than the stage of the old location and is elevated for better viewing. We are running an impressive lighting set-up which includes 48 par cans with theatrical control. Our sound is also bigger and better! And finally, our stage backdrop features the two largest Maois in the Midwest!!! Note, I do not have actual stats to prove they are the largest, but brah, these things are HUGE!
SPACE AND LOCATION... The space can accommodate 90 guests in the dining area and 10 at the bar. The stage is viewable from all seats. The location is very accessible as we are literally 3 minutes North of O'Hare airport. The address is 1591 Lee St in Des Plaines. NE Corner of Lee/Manheim and Oakton.
As mentioned above, this restaurant was a massive project for us and ultimately it is for you all. We really hope you enjoy the new Tiki Terrace and we look forward to serving you very soon!

Please note regarding this coming weekend, if you are interested in making a reservation for the first Friday or Saturday show, Saturday is nearly booked to capacity, but there is still decent seating for Friday. Call asap for reservations for either show this weekend. Please check the website for Wednesday entertainment and luncheon dates.

Mahalo
Tiki Terrace
1591 Lee St
Des Plaines, IL 60018
http://www.thetikiterrace.com
847 795-8454

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-04-21 05:03 ]

Are you guys still doing those cool shirts and jackets??

I get a lot of comments on mine and tell people to contact

the Tiki Terrace in Chicago.

T

OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

http://chicagoist.com/2008/04/24/tiki_terrace_ta.php

Me and RugbyMatt are swinging by there tomorrow; look for a report soon!

Pages: 1 13 replies