Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Congratulations to the Stentikis

Pages: 1 14 replies

K

Congratulations to the Stentikis - I was reading the Orange County Business Journal today and I spotted the announcement that Tina Borgatta (Mrs. Stentiki) has recently been hired as the new editor for Orange Coast Magazine. The article reads; "Borgotta, an 18 year veteran journalist, replaces Nancy Cheever, who left the publication to earn a doctorate. Borgatta has held various editorial positions in Southern Califonia including being a staff writer at the Los Angeles Times Orange County Edition". Very Cool Tina - What a great accomplishment!!!!

KukuiNut (aka Mrs Baxdog)

Let the Party Begin!

[ Edited by: KukuiNut on 2003-02-11 15:20 ]

Congrats Tina!! I'll raise a Mai Tai to that! :)

Congratulations are in order for Tina!

Now when will you be exposing the underbelly of So Cal Tiki? I know a few people who can contribute...

T

Mahalos for the mana and well wishes.

Consider your underbellies exposed!

Aloha,

Tiki-T (aka Mrs. Stentiki)

[ Edited by: Tiki-T on 2003-02-11 20:54 ]

Way to go T! Get down tonight......get down tonight. Sorry, I will actually admit to listening to an hour of disco today while carving. Ah, good times.

On 2003-02-11 21:38, thechikitiki wrote:
I will actually admit to listening to an hour of disco today while carving. Ah, good times.

Thanks for the visual! I'm hearing "More than a Woman" by the Bee Gees playing in the background and picturing you wearing one of those huge afro wigs, sequin body suit and platform shoes doing a back and forth spinning shuffle move between each carving stroke.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-12 13:50 ]

KukuiNut,

When I first saw this topic, I thought "Wow, what did we win?!"

Mahalo to all for your kindness. I'm very proud of Tina. She has worked very hard in her career as a journalist and despite some major setbacks, she has weathered the storm.

Not many of us can say we have our dream jobs, but Tina is one person who can now make that claim. The job has many perks in addition to being a high profile position. We're hoping that some of these perks will allow us to travel to exotic Tiki locations around the world (expenses paid!) where she can write features on locations that will be of interest here and beyond.

Thanks again for your support. This is a great ohana!

Aloha,

Arty

As Tiki as I wanna be.

PS - Oh yes, and Chiki, you go right ahead and "do a little dance" and make a little Tiki. :wink:

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-02-12 11:15 ]

OK, now you got me thinking of what the TIKIS would look like with that kind of inspiration! The big 'ol bushy part up top (a la Caliente Tropics poolside tikis) would be extra bushy and fro-ish! DY-NO-MIIIITE!!

Yeah, some of that JJ Walker in Good Times style Tiki!

That's hilarious! Chiki, you inspired?!?

w00+

I have to admit that I own a copy of "Saturday Night Fever" on cassette, that gets airtime in my shop. Freaks out all the other tenants.

No wonder Giligan is always in a bad mood.

I think it's because of all his "rotting teeth!" !!!!!!

For those of you who don't have a clue to as of we are talking about, show up to the next event at Bamboo Ben. All my neighbors (in Shanty Town or Yorktown Place are freaks! ) Gilligan is a toothless, blind, 60+ year old, mechanic! Never a dull moment !

And on top of all that ,he's always pissed off.

I think you have Gilligan and Roy mixed up. Roy is at West Coast Street Rods and is always yelling at people! Gilligan just sneaks up on your back and freaks you out! A new one started last week. E-zee(Eric) next to my work shop has an old van and is letting everyone pound it with a sledge hammer. Fhati the Palistenian Smog Check dude was beating on it hard on Fri. Must have something to do with the conflict back home. Judy from Bamboo 2U was by witnessing this whole event last Fri.She was rolling! Yorktown Place!!!(you know, like Melrose Place?)

Pages: 1 14 replies