Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Ray's Mistake Recipe

Pages: 1 7 replies

TL

Anyone have the recipe for Ray's Mistake or something close to it? I never seem to have a chance to make the day's or times their open.

K

Sure - Mike senior and Mike junior.

I suspect the tiki cocktail illuminati know what's in a Ray's Mistake too, but they don't share out of respect for Ray, the Mikes, and Tiki Ti, and also a desire to preserve the illusive sense of mystery about this drink. How cool is it that people travel thousands of miles to go to this little bar in Los Angeles, and the first thing they do is order a Ray's Mistake. There wouldn't be the same sense of wonder and anticipation if word got out the drink was in actuality a Mai Tai with prune juice instead of orgeat (or whatever).

Long may Ray's Mistake remain the real Mystery Drink.

Aloha! Mike Sr. came by the winery yesterday to do a little tasting. I couldn't resist printing this out to show him. Boy, did he get a chuckle out of your response, Koolau! He's taking it back down south to show Mike Jr. He certainly confirmed what we all seem to know... that these drinks will remain closely guarded family secrets. As an avowed devotee of this bar, I wouldn't have it any other way. Even if I could mix up a Ray's Mistake at home, I know I wouldn't enjoy it half as much as if I were there soaking in the atmosphere of the place. All part of the mystique and charm of Tiki Ti.

-Weird Unc

I gotta get me one of these things everyone talks about. Mmmmmmmmm...I think. :)

K

Isn't the Internet an amazing thing? Thanks for sharing this with Mike Sr., Weird Unc, I'm glad he got a laugh out of it.

[ Edited by: Koolau 2007-11-28 23:01 ]

P

I figured it out.
Then everyone started shouting "Toro Toro Toro" and that pushed the formula right out of my undisciplined mind.
Before I knew what was happening I was in Baja, smoking Lucky Strikes like a merchant marine and shooting dice with Bamboo Ben and the Federales.

After a year of counseling I could drive by a Mexican restaurant without convulsing.

Damn that Agave plant.

[ Edited by: pablus 2007-11-30 14:11 ]

S

Pablus, There is nothing better than a clever joke about something we all know well. Thanks for making my day. :)

Suzanne

there was one? (stripes)

Pages: 1 7 replies