Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Thor Stor Moving!!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

M

Aloha TC!

I wanted to let everyone know that we are moving the Thor Stor shortly. We lost the lease to our current small space on Kalakaua in Waikiki. They are building a Margaritaville right above us, and are reclaiming our space to be used as an entrance. The good news is we were able to secure a new location right away with the same landlord. Our new space will be on Lewers St in the new Waikiki Beachwalk construction area. I think this space will be much better for us in the long run, as the Beachwalk area is becoming the new center of Waikiki. Plus, our new space is twice the size for the same rent!!!

We will have our grand opening on 12/8, with a Thor signing and such. Our old space will close at the end of December. If you're in the area, watch for closeouts and sales at the old space during December.

Thor and I are busy building the new space now, and I'll post some pictures of the construction shortly.

Aloha!!

Sounds good!

Lewers is a great street, even if it has a "YardHouse" on it. Maybe you and the Holokani can create a Tiki center of gravity.

Is one of your landlord one of the Big 6 property owners? That is some very prize real estate to be owned by the same organization.

M

Both of our properties are leased from the Outrigger Corp. They own a good portion of the hotels in Waikiki, and own the entire Beachwalk project.

Glad to hear that in spite of your space being usurped by a large commercial enterprise, the interruption will be minimal. I hope the new digs are a step up for you, and that the transition is smooth. All the best to you!

V

The now location sounds great!

Hey - are you gonna be parting with that fabulous fiberglass display diving helmet? :) I love that thing - must get one for my office!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 20:24 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies