Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Shots

Pages: 1 3 replies

We always talk about long drinks. In fact, all the classic recipes we have are thought for long, medium or small drinks, but what about shots? Any recipe? Or it's just a shot of a good rum, an spiced one or something like that? Anyone has any tasty idea to fill shot glasses?

CL

Good rum is best savored and enjoyed. Not shot down in an effort to quickly get drunk. The process of making good rum is often complex. And the results show in quality and taste. The complex flavors and blends. There's a lot on this site about mixology of cocktails because theres's a sincere appreciation of the art of it as well. There are plenty of great sipping rums but it really depends upon your taste. Use the TC search function and you'll find quite a bit of info on the rums.

If you're looking to do shots, don't waste good rum on it. You'll miss the great taste experience. :)

On 2007-12-01 09:02, BastardoSaffrin wrote:
We always talk about long drinks. In fact, all the classic recipes we have are thought for long, medium or small drinks, but what about shots? Any recipe? Or it's just a shot of a good rum, an spiced one or something like that? Anyone has any tasty idea to fill shot glasses?

C

Here is my favorite short drink. Thank Kristy the bartender for thinking this one up.

Pineapple shooters
1 Part Vanilla Vodka
1-2 Part Pineapple juice
1 dash of grenadine syrup

Put the vanilla vodka and pineapple juice into the shaker with some ice. Shake and strain into shot glasses. Add the dash of grenadine and let it sink to the bottom and then drink them like shooters.

They taste like a pineapple upside down cake and they are a favorite at my tiki bar.

On 2007-12-01 11:26, Coco Loco wrote:
Good rum is best savored and enjoyed. Not shot down in an effort to quickly get drunk. The process of making good rum is often complex. And the results show in quality and taste. The complex flavors and blends. There's a lot on this site about mixology of cocktails because theres's a sincere appreciation of the art of it as well. There are plenty of great sipping rums but it really depends upon your taste. Use the TC search function and you'll find quite a bit of info on the rums.

If you're looking to do shots, don't waste good rum on it. You'll miss the great taste experience. :)

Yes, that's what I think. But I was wondering if there are drinks strong enough to be served in a shot size. Not for getting drunk quickly, it's the same as if you sip a good rum straight. You don't get a 14 oz glass, but a shot or cordial glass, (or maybe a large goblet to get the aromas, etc...) and you pour your favourite rum to sip.

So, my question is, anyone has recipes to drinks served in small glasses? Not to get drunk, but to sip?

OR just to get drunk like captnkirk shots? I mean, sometimes that short drinks are fun.

Sorry if I don't explain myself very clearly, but since English is not my mother language I'm doing a huge effort.

Thanks!

http://bastardosaffrin.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: BastardoSaffrin 2007-12-03 07:55 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies