Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

eBay: Tretchikoff Print - Green Basuto Girl

Pages: 1 19 replies

Feb. 25 2008
Found another Tretchikoff print. This one has a great green vibrancy. It was framed right here in Kelowna, BC.

Auction Link

Great Minds Drink Alike

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2008-02-25 11:13 ]

Bump! Ending Soon!

I've just re-listed this print with a lower price.

tiki wahine-
can you tell me what this picture has to do with tiki???
With all due respect- Tiki Central is not a forum to market
or advertise your non related items on ebay!!!

T

On 2008-01-21 19:21, 1961surf wrote:
tiki wahine-
can you tell me what this picture has to do with tiki???
With all due respect- Tiki Central is not a forum to market
or advertise your non related items on ebay!!!

April 2003. May 2007. Thanks for policing TC and keeping it safe for...9 months. TW has been here for a long time...she knows what's appropriate to post, I think.

I should add "!!!" for emphasis.

teko teko
I don't care how long you or her has been on Tiki Central-that is irrelevant wouldn't
you say?I am quite sure a majority of TC's would agree with me.
I am quite sure I have been at the collecting before either of you or before it
was even popular.
Oh and thanks for being her TC police as well .

T

On 2008-01-21 20:05, 1961surf wrote:
teko teko
I don't care how long you or her has been on Tiki Central-that is irrelevant wouldn't
you say?I am quite sure a majority of TC's would agree with me.
was even popular.
Oh and thanks for being her TC police as well .

Tretchikoff was the king of kitsch. It's related. Maybe you should contribute something other than "buy my crap on ebay" posts before you go around giving attitude to long time members who are trying to point out ebay sales they have going that may be of interest to other users. All I'm saying is you've made 27 posts, a huge percentage of which are bumping your own ebay links. I'd say you're here for one reason only. Tikiwahine has added a ton of content to this site over the past 4 years and taken very little back from the TC community. You've posted a few ebay links to your sales and acted like a dick. So maybe I am policing...big freakin deal.

As I stated in my initial post, some of the Tretchikoff prints are appropriate decor for tiki lounges. Many people collect Tretchikoff prints, so I thought this might interest them.

I'm going to be adding a tapa sport coat to e-bay soon, is THAT tiki enough for ya?

was even popular.

Ouch! Pulling rank!

Look dude, I'm not here to fight. I understand that you feel as though Tretchikoff prints aren't tiki enough. Lots pf people do, just like lots of people don't think Papua New Guinea, Maori, or pirate items belong in a tiki bar.

This swan one, I'll admit(again) is a little beyond, but it's great 'bad' art! And we all have a little place for tacky in our hearts, don't we? C'mon, share the love!

Well lookey here! Several Tretchikoff threads in General Tiki sections!
And I like 'em there.

TRETCHIOFF art, tiki or just bad art?

Tretchikoff

In General Tiki there's even a thread about his death last year.

Now now now kids...objectively speaking, that Dying Swan print really has nothing to do with Tiki. Tretchikoff's Exotica girls have, because they were sometimes used in Tiki Bars. I have one in my bedroom right now ! (A print, not the girl)
And I value Tikiwahine as a quality contributor to TC, too, but in this case her motives were no less commercial than Tiki Bill's. I have spoken. :D

Thanks Teko, and I reiterate what you said aboot the ebay stuff.

T

On 2008-01-21 23:33, bigbrotiki wrote:
Now now now kids...objectively speaking, that Dying Swan print really has nothing to do with Tiki. Tretchikoff's Exotica girls have, because they were sometimes used in Tiki Bars. I have one in my bedroom right now ! (A print, not the girl)
And I value Tikiwahine as a quality contributor to TC, too, but in this case her motives were no less commercial than Tiki Bill's. I have spoken. :D

Big Bro, whether TW's objectives were commercial or not, it's never cool to be a dick. And since Tretchikoff did make paintings of Exotica girls, and TW is offering a SIGNED tretchikoff print, I'd think it's of interest to a tiki collector, just as a signed copy of Martin Denny's "A Taste of Honey" with a perfect cover might of interest to an exotica LP collector.

And yes. I'm writing all of this to bump her thread. So my motives were commercial too.

T

Big Bro is right. Posting a swan is rule #2 Spamming (posting unwanted advertising in the forums) is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.

And calling someone a dick for helping keep standards to tiki is breaking the rule #8 Be polite. Please refrain from insults and name-calling. Be polite even if someone is insulting you or someone else "started it". If someone is really bothering you, then U-Mod or contact us, but be polite

:)

Muhaha!

Here are my motives:

Had a baby, am now staying home with her and my benefits have stopped, so I'm trying to make some cash to pay the bills. I don't want to sell my tiki collection, so I'm selling items I have 'collected' but can let go for various reasons.

If you want to see some truly irrelevant items, check out my other listings. I have about 200 comic books, 300 ceramic red rose animals(not listed yet), and a gorgeous piece of Inuit moose hair tufting.

Contact 'us'? Teakey, are you a moderator now too?

:)

I didn't realize it was unwanted. When I first posted the swan almost 2 months ago, no one said anything.

The Tretchikoff Bali girls I posted(and sold) a while back weren't considered spam, since they go well with the Chinese girl and her associates. The line is so fine between them all, and this one may be of interest to Tretchikoff collectors.

What I'm saying is, I still don't feel that this print is totally irrelevant, so I don't consider it spamming. I didn't do it intentionally, and I'm sorry if it came off that way.

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2008-01-22 17:44 ]

T

I wish, the first thing I would do is move the swan to Bilge or at best Beyond tiki and then the name calling to a polite reminder of what we are here for by the guy who wrote the book.

I don't think he was being a dick (wait-a-minite...dicky=Tiki !...do not invoke the name of the creator as an insult ! :wink: )

He was pointing out a fact: Swan Lake (by anybody!) = Not Tiki. Maybe he did it a bit forcefully, but anybody who posts any non Tiki item should be prepared to be called on that. And then be accepting of that.

I don't understand why people got so agitated about it. I am sure many many TCers felt their key pad finger itching when they saw that painting. It's a pretty clear cut case.

fine. done.

This auction is ending in about 30 minutes, all you tretchie/ballet/swan fans, this is your chance!

hey at least I didn't put
RARE! SHAG! NIB! @@@!!!

I am quite sure a majority of TC's would agree with me.

On 2008-01-22 18:01, bigbrotiki wrote:
I am sure many many TCers felt their key pad finger itching when they saw that painting.

That's a lot of ass-you-me'ing going on. How do you know? Did you do a survey? You can speak for yourself but if you're going to speak on my behalf ask me first.

Pages: 1 19 replies