Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Babalu's Man of War and a Vintage Blazer and shirt on eBay

Pages: 1 8 replies

B
Babalu posted on Sat, Dec 1, 2007 1:53 PM

Hey All,

I have had a few ask, so I decided to put a Man of War up on eBay. 5 day listing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120191877563&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

This is the discription I included on the sale...

This first mug of mine came to be for a few different reasons…One, I wanted to create a mug that would commemorate a gathering of (primarily San Diego based) artists that have met every month through 2007. These gatherings have come to be known as “San Diego Chop Chops”. Two, I had always thought it would be cool to have a tiki type of drink called a “Man of War”…thus, the two came together. Primarily, every artist/carver that participated in the “Chops” (up to the one that I hosted at my house in June) got one of these guys. I still have a few yet to pass out to some fellow Choppers, however, I will also be putting a very few of the 2007 Chop Mugs up for sale…only because I want to cover some of the costs associated with the creation (firing, glazes, shipping, etc.) of this mug for my friends.

This 2 part mug, which numbers 36 out of 60, stands 10.25 inches high (without straw) and holds approximately 14 oz of liquid. It comes with the little recipe card that is signed and numbered. Though I really like the glazes I used on this one, they will only be done on this ONE mug…if for any reason, just to keep this sale interesting. Also, I am only going to be able to offer number 36 up on eBay for 5 days as I have to be out of the Country for a stretch, and I would like to ship it out prior to leaving if possible so that the new owner has it before X-mas. Shipping and handling to the lower 48 States will be included in the final sale of the mug.

I have been having a great time making these guys and look forward to making the 2008 “Chop” mug, as well as several other ideas I have floating around in the fish bowl at the moment. Good luck and happy bidding!!

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-12-05 21:53 ]

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-12-05 21:54 ]

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-12-06 07:18 ]

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-12-06 07:18 ]

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2007 7:02 PM

BaaaaaBaaaaaaLuuuuuuuu!

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Dec 5, 2007 9:51 PM

GeeeeeMaaaaan!!!

Okay folks, times running out on this mug. I am only going to sell a couple of these with this style head, and that's it. It's time to move onto the next style mugs.

Will also be listing a few very cool Vintage Hawaiian shirts in the next day or so...

Here's the first...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120194076539&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

B
Babalu posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2007 7:16 AM

Next up on the block...this way cool Vintage Blazer. Men's large.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120194222096&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

Here's a picture of the shirt listed last night.

And another..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120194237700&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-12-06 07:50 ]

MY EYES!!! OH, GOD, MY EYES...!!!

Where's... where's the mouse...?! Must find Back Button... Please, please... Back Button... Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh...

my eyes... my

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2007 3:33 PM

That blazer is made from some kind of freaky metallic gold corduroy. It feels like a really expensive french couch.

B
Babalu posted on Thu, Dec 6, 2007 5:43 PM

Dude,

What? Pinks in bro! I heard from a good source that Brad Pitt was stooled up in a Trader Vics last week, squeezen up on Brittney Spears right thigh...wearing this same damn shirt!

If your talkin about this first mug of mine, yeah okay, I'm going to aim higher on the next design. Just sold my first (and last) one of these with this style head on it. Too much time and work in these guys as is.

Choppers (and just a few others), you's is the only ones who are going to get one of these first Chop mugs...still have a few to mail out to Choppers yet...I need addresses from you Choppers if you haven't got yours. Going to start the 2008 Chop mug soon. :)

Peace, love, and rock the pink baby!!

Babalu

B

Bump....

Rock the pink!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Dec 13, 2007 4:05 PM

BaaaaaBaaaaaaLuuuuuuuu!

Pages: 1 8 replies