Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian Paradise Readers Digest LP's

Pages: 1 8 replies

Aloooooha!
Has anyone listened to this album set distributed by Reader's Digest? I just "Bought It" on ebay and am anxiously awaiting my new addition to my album collection:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2506815857&category=306

ALSO!.....there is another one on ebay RIGHT NOW for only $4.99 as a "Buy It Now", so hopefully another TC member (Swanky? Sabu? Alnshely?) will jump on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2506919349&category=1599

SugarCaddyDaddy

Yes, I have and probably always will go against the grain.
There is no common road that I take.

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-02-12 00:26 ]

T

I have this set (as well as a companion set, "South Sea Island MAgic" and I'm sorry to say I;ve never listened to either of them!
Im really bad that way. I keep colecting these thigs and never get around to listening to them.

Hey SugarCaddyDaddy, I've been looking for that set - thanks! I had the 8-track but it broke during the very first listening. The short bit that I did hear sounded promising. BTW where did the pics of your caddy and tiki transporter go? One day I hope I can honor my thrift store and yard sale tikis by bringing them home in a such a grand transportation device.
cheeky half

[ Edited by: cheeky half on 2003-02-12 06:24 ]

A

Thanks Sugar,
I have two. I like these albums, they're Jazzy, big band Hawaiian. $4.99!!! score.
Mahalo,
Al

Yeah, we have this set and it's great! We bought it a while back on Ebay for $1 and when we got it the records looked like they had never even been played. You'll like it! Maybe eventually all of these sets will belong to TC members exclusively!

Cool set, My Grandma had this set in the 70's. When she passed away I ended up with it. Hope you like it!

I have both these sets, too - love 'em. They were mom's until she unloaded all her old albums on me. It's very strange to hear something again that I heard over and over as a kid. All the songs were tucked away in my brain since childhood and to hear them again for the first time a couple years ago was just weird.

Hey, Dawn, I got my "South Sea Island Magic" LP set from my Grandma too! Lets see...got that back in the 80's, taped them, wore the tapes out and she just gave the set to me when I asked to borrow it again.

Then, only a couple months ago, I found the other set and both are fantastic!

They are not exotica, but just traditional Hawaiian / Polynesian favorites. Very relaxing. And for $1 to $5 is a great price! (Heck, you can't hardly get a set at the thrift store for that price - IF youcan find one.)

We love 'em!

S

We have both box sets. I burned the "South Sea" first 8 sides to CD. It's right on the cusp of bad, but mostly just weak. But, it is great for a background soundtrack in the bar. It's ambient music. Not meant to actually be listened to. We got ours at thrift stores.

Pages: 1 8 replies