Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shag Ceramics 2006 Japan Exclusives ???

Pages: 1 2 59 replies

B

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:35 ]

Some information would be great. I was able to pick up a couple of the vases and a decanter, but I'm totally diggin' the plates. Haven't seen those too much. Is there some place else other than ebay we can get these items?

M

I asked Holden about them. He said a friend was manufacturing a limited quantity for Japan sales only. I was able to buy a set of the Tall Mugs, through e-bay.

I expected a few to come through ebay, but it appears that they will be available on ebay for a while.

Where did that photo come from??

It would be interesting to know the original prices, just to get a baseline as to how jacked the ebay prices actually are. Too bad it's Japan only!

Heres an option..........
Yahoo japan auctions.
just type in shag, quite a few of the items pop up and cheap. However... its all in Japanese and most all sellers on YJA dont ship internationaly. So why do I post this info you ask?
http://www.celga.com
Celga places your bids and ships the stuff to you... for a fee of course.
In the end you will probably be paying about the same price as on ebay but last I checked at least there was a steady amount up.

-m

Heres one of many for example.
http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x27436792
Its only about $15.

-m

From a Japan auction that had the original selling prices listed, these are the actual prices:

Vase: $ 43
Spice Bottle $ 11
Incense Tray $ 15
Tumbler $ 23
Decanter $ 31
Mug $ 17

Wow, I bought three of these items on ebay, I feel so dirty now.

M

Thanks for the info Stuckie.

Have you used CELGA before?

Check these out...

These images fit together (sort of).

The small three are for spices, then there are two more sizes. Normal size Mugs and then really large ones. Crazy. And the plates too! Wow!

M

I guess the Tall ones are Vases.

Here is the price list...
103 yen = $1

Amazing what you can find on the internet if you Try. Now if I only had friends in Japan.

-Rob

I collect japanese vinyl toys and I post a bit on a japanese toy forum. Everyone there uses celga. Its defintitely a major operation, I would not fear using it.
I think those plates are actually incense holders.
yen is at 103 to a dollar? I have a module on my computer which tells me daily the yen rate, which shows it at 111 to $1. But it could be that organizations only update their conversion every so often.
Basically for yen prices just move a decimal point over 2 spots and thats about what the price is in $.

-m

B

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:36 ]

Good info thanks guys. I just think they made a ton of this stuff, I like them but I'm not willing to pay 3 times more than issue when I can but those dollars into LTD pieces. It looks like the e-bay prices might be dropping a little? Or is it just me.. lol

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:37 ]

Yeah, if it all came out a year ago, why is it all hitting ebay now? I'm just wondering if we might soon discover a direct source...hopehope. The ebay mark up is a bit much for me.

M

There are several Japanese websites selling this stuff at the regular prices. If you can read Japanese and Type in kanji (sp?), you may be able to ask them if they will ship to the US.

I found several sites, but this is the only one I remember...

http://www.swingers1950.com

do a search for Shag and the stuff will come up.

I have a Japanese friend who has emailed to see if they will ship to the US but we've gotten no reply.

BlackFish, did you hear it was an open run? many of the auctions say limited edition or sold out. I'll have to dig up my email from Holden to confirm what he said.

Shagmart is going to start selling these in January. Cool!! :)

http://www.shagmart.com/pages/japanmugs.html

I got the email from Shagmart too! I'm glad I didn't go through the Japanese site. I'm excited to get the Vases!

But when in January???

Which came first the Paintings or the mugs?

Photo Caption from the Seattle Times: Josh Agle, better known as Shag, has a laugh in front of his paintings "Ekahi," left, "Ekolu," center, and "Elua" (acrylic on panel) at the opening of "Tiki Art Now! 3" at Roq La Rue in Seattle. The Southern California-based illustrator and designer's works are a blend of cocktail and tiki culture.

M

when the FDA and customs get done with them. Who knows how long that will take.

Today at 9 a.m.!

M

I placed my order!

They were only selling two of the three vases. I was hoping to get all 3.

The decanters and vases have sold out, but they still have some mugs available.

Man, those are going or have gone pretty fast. I wonder how many pieces they had. Their e-mail said there were only 12 full sets. I got an order in on a selection of different pieces at least.

I placed my pieced out order in about 5 minutes. I checked on availability of sets after I was finished and they were all gone. It wouldn't surprise me to see much of this hitting ebay in the next couple weeks.
The one vase that I wanted was the one they didn't offer. Oh well, I still got pretty "lucky"(see broke).

I tried getting a full set. I don't know if the order went through though. They said that they would notify people by e-mail if their order didn't take. Sadly, I can't access my personal e-mail from work.

I will most definitely have a coronary if I got everything that I tried to order. Hope I can pay my mortgage next month...

japan only. what a buncha b.s. the japanese can have 'em. i'm selling all my tiki farm shags. who needs sumpin?
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=120&rep=yes&tag=shag&show=80

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-01-09 13:39 ]

T

On 2008-01-09 13:33, kingstiedye wrote:
i'm selling all my tiki farm shags. who needs sumpin?

I do!!! But I may just have spent all of my disposable income for the next three months.

T

Every last piece sold out.

T

japan only. what a buncha b.s. the japanese can have 'em. i'm selling all my tiki farm shags. who needs sumpin?
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/collection.cgi?mode=gallery&user_id=120&rep=yes&tag=shag&show=80

Nothing like hijacking a thread.

B
baboo posted on Thu, Jan 10, 2008 3:22 AM

These Shag Japan products just went on sale yesterday at Shagmart.com! I believe they are all sold out...

It will give you a good idea of the retail value for those products on ebay. I expect there to be a lot more of these on ebay, now that they have been sold in the US.
I was able to purchase a few items prior to them being sold out.

Good luck!

On 2008-01-09 21:57, TikiPug wrote:

i don't feel like i hijacked this thread. this was my commentary on shag's japan only b.s. btw, how are those his and hers ohana huts working out?

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-01-10 16:43 ]

T

On 2008-01-10 16:38, kingstiedye wrote:

On 2008-01-09 21:57, TikiPug wrote:

i don't feel like i hijacked this thread. this was my commentary on shag's japan only b.s. btw, how are those his and hers ohana huts working out?

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-01-10 16:43 ]

Don't know what you are talking about in regards to the ohana hut? But please enlighten me.

oh lord.

On 2008-01-10 21:06, TikiPug wrote:

Don't know what you are talking about in regards to the ohana hut? But please enlighten me.

i'm talking about mrs. tikipug from vegas who registered 3 days before the huts went on sale and whose first post was to get a hut. one minute later you posted for a hut. are you enlightened now?

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!.....sorry I couldn't resist.

Are we crying about mugs (Ohana Huts) again? Mr and Mrs TikiPug Rock!! Can we complain about something that at least happened in 2007?

BTW I think you did Hijack this thread KTD. And I think you have some unresolved anger issues that really shouldn't matter.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2008-01-11 10:32 ]

T

On 2008-01-11 10:27, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Can we complain about something that at least happened in 2007?

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2008-01-11 10:32 ]

Actually, as I recall, some people didn't receive their Hut until 2007.

And Kingstiedye Rocks!!!!!!!
One of the nicest guys I have ever met that I have never met (in person). Not that I have to tell the majority of Tiki Central.

M

I am enlightened, yes. I never got a ohana hut but I will live. Hey, it's friday everyone is entitled to bitch on Fridays...YEAH...it's the weekend

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-01-11 16:41 ]

Forgive me for getting back to the topic of these Shag mugs, but has anyone's order shipped yet?

There's a hold on my credit card for the amount of the charge, but the charge has not posted yet, and I haven't received any sort of shipping notification.

Though this soap opera is interesting, some folks might be more interested in that shagmart has restocked some of the items that were sold out. No decanters or vases though. Good luck to those who didn't get some on the first wave!

Did anybody else notice that the order page that Shag Mart put up had the images for the decanter sets flipped? I wanted the red Moai set and clicked on the image, but my order form clearly stated that I'd purchased the other set!

I called and left a message and sent them a note, but I don't know which set I'm going to end up with...

Anybody else order a decanter set? Check your receipt.

M

I can't belive they have more tiki mugs and two of the spice bottle styles left oh and one of the handled mug styles left toooo.

On 2008-01-11 16:47, Tiki-Kate wrote:
There's a hold on my credit card for the amount of the charge, but the charge has not posted yet, and I haven't received any sort of shipping notification.

I'm in the same situation as you Tiki-Kate but even though I haven't received a shipping confirmation I was hoping maybe my package would show up today. It didn't.

Now we can get back to the Ohana Hut Drama. Of all the Tiki Drama, Ohana Hut Drama is my favorite.

On 2008-01-11 17:46, Trader Tom wrote:
Did anybody else notice that the order page that Shag Mart put up had the images for the decanter sets flipped? I wanted the red Moai set and clicked on the image, but my order form clearly stated that I'd purchased the other set!

I called and left a message and sent them a note, but I don't know which set I'm going to end up with...

Aloha! Ya I actually ordered the Shag Elua Decanter Set and did not relize until Shagmart sent me an email asking me If I really wanted the Red Moai Set.. My receipt said I had ordered the Red Moai though.. Truthfully would have been happy with either though :wink: Tumblers still available, I got mine off ebay for just a little more than shagmart and came in perfect condition bubble wrapped in a boxs from Japan.. I love these mugs..

On 2008-01-11 17:46, Trader Tom wrote:

I got an email from shagmart about an hour after my order went through asking which Decanter I really wanted. The wrong one showed up on my receipt.

Seems they caught on quickly that their shopping cart had them switched.

Can't wait until they arrive. I'm hoping to trade my Elua Decanter set for the Elua Vase.

Hey Kingstyedie, I could use a shag mug or two, I need a Green Mondo!

MauiTiki

Tiki Stickers http://www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs http://www.mauitikitours.com
Hawaiian Clip art http://www.islandimages.com

[ Edited by: MauiTiki 2008-01-11 23:42 ]

Well, the charges finally showed up on my credit card today. Hopefully, that's a good sign. Still no word on the shipping status though.

I just received my shipping confirmation.

Nice :)

Mine showed up about an hour ago.

Pages: 1 2 59 replies