Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Anyone see the new Bosko Tiki Bob type "Tribute"?

Pages: 1 37 replies

T

Just got myself one.

http://www.tikibosko.com

M

Hey Turbo!
Thanks for the heads-up, we got ours. Appreciate the notice here, even though we check Bosko's site from time to time, may have been a while before we did again. We'd of been supremely pee'd if couldn't get this one.

Bosko's last "Bob Tribute" was closer to the original, but long sold out. Had a chance for that one and just hesitated too long...missed out in the end. Saw one at Taboo Cove though, "Turn down that shi**y music!"...sorry, reflex action.

midnite

Thanks, Turbogod. I just ordered one as well, and I'd think the item with be OOS soon with a production run of only 40.

T

I got two sailing my way. Thanks for the heads up!

That first version was actually very cheap for a week or two, then shot up in price. I kicked myself for not buying it at the cheap rate when it became more expensive, then kicked myself again for not buying it at the higher price when it sold out. Selah!

Now the postage cost to the UK from Bosko is absurd as they have opted out of using the US postal service & use an international courier. (The new mug would cost about $130 once postage & tax is added...bloody hell) Roll on a faithful version by Tiki Farm!

Trader Woody

Finally scored an authentic Tiki Bob's mug from Ebay and now I find out about these??? My God, is there no end to this tiki mug madness??? :)

johntiki,
Hey man, no need to fret - you scored an original Tiki Bob's! :) This one is just an interpretation of the real thing. If I had to choose between the two, I'd still pick the OG Tiki Bob's mug.

*** * * The Polynesian Popster * * ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-13 07:44 ]

S

I got mine too. Thanks Turbogod!

M

Geeze $45... Too steep for me, especially for a new mug.

T

It sez... "Almost sold out"

I got mine, one will just have to be enough... :(

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2003-02-14 13:39 ]

S

"Bang Bang, I got mine!"

One for me. One for Tiki-T.

T

That's it folks. They are now sold out of the new tiki bob mug as of 3:30 p.m. EST.

S

Tipsy Bobs arrived today!

These guys are a lot bigger than I thought and will come in handy in holding a whole lotta grog!

Here some pix on the Stentiki Bar to give some perspective:

The wide angle:

Mighty impressive-looking mugs, nay bowls, or something or other. Anyway, they are huge!
Perhaps distorting Tiki Bob's mugs will become as popular as distorting Bob Dobb's face with the creative crowd.

Trader Woody

S

Perhaps "jugs" would be appropriate?

Then you could say, "nice jugs!" Or maybe, "wow, those jugs are huge!"

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Excuse my ignorance, Woody but who is Bob Dobb?

Cheers,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-02-18 16:49 ]

S

Then you could say, "nice jugs!"

Cheers,

Arty

S

Then you could say, "nice jugs." Or maybe, "wow, those jugs are huge!"

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.

Cheers,

Arty

S

Then you could say, "nice jugs." Or maybe, "wow, those jugs are huge!"

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.

Cheers,

Arty

T

Bob Dobbs, the Master of Slack!

Nope...just my real one.... :)

Of course! Bob Dobbs! From the book of Bob!

They say memory is the first thing to go...

Yep, it's that Bob Dobbs, (looking rather old and knackered these days judging by TurboGod's photo) from the Church of the Subgenius. Tiki Bob and "Bob" have the same ever-present, confident smile. Perhaps they are related?

Trader Woody

P
PJ posted on Wed, Feb 19, 2003 5:32 PM

What's the quality of finish on the
Tipsy Bob mugs. I ordered one just before they quickly sold out.
Maybe a review of the Tipsy Bob mug might be in order? Scale of 1-10.

M

Tipsy Bob review:

First, Bosko Inc. ships quickly and packages their items well. That's something I appreciate, seeing I do a decent amount of Ebay type bid-ness. Shipping costs are kept pretty low too. Kudos.

As already stated, this mug is pretty large, much bigger than we'd expected, yet easy to hold in one hand given the "3-D nooks and crannies" nature of the design. Overall it is right in line with Bosko's past ceramic work. I always considered his stuff more "primitive" in design and structure. This is not to be construed as a negative, not at all.

We got two "TB's". One is a bit lighter and both have a few differences here and there. The mug does have some handmade characteristics, again the "primitive" nature of his ceramics. We're quite pleased with the purchase, it appears to be Michelle's new personal mug. I wish Bosko would do more ceramics; I recall in previous years how much he had to offer.

In conclusion:

Typical Bosko ceramic in quality and design. A nice idea that was well executed, it has grown on me (as I was more partial to his first TB type mug). The price was a bit high, but it is a nice splurge given its limited production.

midnite

C

Mine just arrived today - on a scale of 1-10, I give it a 15 - no kidding - very nice work!!!!!!!!!!

P
PJ posted on Thu, Feb 20, 2003 4:14 AM

I'll let you know my thoughts on the mug when it arrives. Nice review Midnite.

Christened my Tipsy Bob last night and he held grog like a champ! He made Tiki Bob proud in all his primitive Tiki tipsiness!

This guy will hold about 14 oz. of your favorite drink!

Cheers!

T

Just got mine in the mail at work today, and have only taken a quick look, but boy are they hefty! Will give more insight when I get them home and inspect more thoroughly. One was #20, don't know the other # yet. What # did everyone else get?

M

We received numbers 18 & 19, but Bosko mistakenly placed the card for #17 inside of #19. My belief is this error will only increase its value! :lol:

Sorta bummed though, we'd hoped for numbers 8 and 22. Those are our favorite Chinese food dishes.

Still cannot fathom Krista picking that lame poetry dude.

midnite

On 2003-02-20 14:16, midnite_tiki wrote:
Still cannot fathom Krista picking that lame poetry dude.

I know - can you believe that?! :lol:

S

My Tipsies are 39 and 40. Whew! Made it just under the gun!

T

39 & 40! Wow, you sure did get in just under the wire! Congrats!

P
PJ posted on Thu, Feb 20, 2003 2:56 PM

I was told their were two left after I
bought mine. I must have got No.38.
Time will tell!
Lucky grab on the mugs TikiGreg, with
the last two.

T

Well mine finally arrived... and it looks like I got number 36.

I really like this guy, it's amazing how mug and owner look alike!

P
PJ posted on Wed, Feb 26, 2003 4:57 PM

My Tipsy Bob arrived today. And I was right,
I got mug no.38.
This mug rocks.
If you missed out. You really did miss out!
Everything about this mug is perfect.

T

#11 Here. He really is a big sucker, as everyone else here has already stated.

T

Who had March 4th at 5:21 p.m. in the pool? You're a winner!

Pages: 1 37 replies